No need to make anything FANCY for a snack…these spider web pizza snacks are so simple, and the kids can help make them!
I really just can’t stop myself lately. It’s like the grandkids are about to go back to school and I want to just spend every minute with them–doing silly things together.
So, yesterday, it was making Spider Web Pizza Snacks. Now, just like the Spider Eggs–I mean, Spider Deviled Eggs, you can make these for pretty much anything–to go with Little Miss Muffet, Itsy-Bitsy-Spider, you know, anything spider.
Even Charlotte’s Web. But, it’s most fun at Halloween. Heh.
I actually can’t wait for Halloween. Not only will these Spider Web Pizza Snacks be a hit, but they’ll go nicely with the Spicy Hamburger Pizza Mummies I plan to make.
This is, apparently, going to be a bit of a pizza-fest, but that’s cool. Pizza’s fun.
The other thing I plan to use these little snacks for is my grandson’s lunch leading up to the couple of weeks before Halloween.
These are perfect little additions to the cute bento box lunches my daughter tries to make him around each holiday.
And, they freeze pretty well, so I can make her some, pop them in the freezer, then he can just have them in his lunch on Halloween week.
Tips To Nail Making Spider Pizza
- Use a black olive to create the spider body.
- If your mozzarella seems thick, just cut the cheese into thinner strips for the web.
- Don’t overdo it on the spaghetti sauce or it will make the pizzas soggy.
- Place Spider Web Pizza Snacks on a cooling rack set over a baking sheet to catch any drips.
Tips to Store These Halloween Pizza Snacks
- Spider web pizza snacks can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to four days.
- Spider web pizza snacks can be frozen for up to two months. When ready to eat, let thaw overnight in the fridge.
- Reheat spider web pizza snacks in a 300 degree oven until warmed through, about five to seven minutes.
What Are Some Variations on these Halloween Mini Pizzas?
Obviously, you can use any type of cheese you want. I just like the stringy-ness of mozzarella for these particular Spider Web Pizza Snacks.
Cheddar mix would be a little too orangey to be spider webs, but I’m not demanding anything here – if you want cheddar, go cheddar.
If you want to spice up your mini halloween pizza, you could add some pepperoni to the mix–because, really, is there anything that doesn’t taste better with pepperoni? Even hamburger, under the cheese, would be a fun addition.
If you wanted to get a little fancier, you could drizzle some garlic-infused olive oil over the top of these.
Yum. Just thinking about it makes my mouth water.
Can You Make These Halloween Pizza Snacks Vegan?
Yes! Just use a vegan cheese and you’re good to go. I like the Daiya brand of vegan cheese – it melts well and has a good flavor. You could also use a cashew cheese or another type of vegan cheese that you like. Just be sure to check the labels to make sure it is truly vegan (no animal products of any kind).
Can You Make These Halloween Pizza Snacks Gluten-Free?
Yes! Just use a gluten-free bagel crisp and you’re all set. I like the Glutino Gluten-Free bagel chips, but there are lots of others out there. Just be sure to check the labels to make sure it is truly gluten-free (no wheat, barley, or rye).
What Are Some Other Things You Can Serve With Halloween Pizza?
Well, it really depends on what you’re serving the pizza for. If you’re just having a fun little family movie night, then maybe some popcorn and Spider Web Pizza Snacks are all you need.
But, if you’re looking for more of a meal, here are some ideas:
- A big green salad with apples, cranberries, and a Halloween-themed salad dressing
- Zombie Snot Dip
- Mummy hot dogs wrapped in pre-made croissant dough
- Zombie Brain Jello
- And don’t forget the drinks! A Witches Brew punch or some Orange Creamsicle Punch would be perfect.
So, I know Halloween is a ways away, so, go ahead and pin this recipe for Spider Web Pizza Snacks…because you’re going to want them a couple weeks out and I hate having to search everywhere. LOL!
And leave us a comment below–let us know if there are any other awesome Halloween snacks we need to try out this year!
Spider Web Pizza Snacks
Spider Web Pizza Snacks
I want to just spend every minute with my grandkids doing silly things together. So, yesterday, it was making Spider Web Pizza Snacks. So. Fun.
- 6 Bagel Crisps
- 1 can large Ripe Olives, whole, pitted
- 1 can Tomato Sauce, small
- 1 /4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 /2 teaspoon Oregano
- 1 /4 teaspoon Sweet Basil
- 1 / 2 cup Mozzarella Cheese, grated (or string cheese)
- Preheat oven to 350⁰.
- In a medium-size sauce pan, over medium heat, bring the Tomato Sauce, Garlic Powder, Oregano, and Sweet Basil to a boil.
- Reduce the heat, and simmer for about 5 minutes. (Or, you can just warm it in the microwave for a couple of minutes.)
- Grate the cheese from the long side of the block of Mozzarella. (This way, you'll get long strips of cheese.)
- Place the Bagel Crisps on a baking sheet.
- Spread about a tablespoon of the Tomato Sauce mixture on each Bagel Crisp.
- Arrange the cheese to look like a spider web, or a mummy face.
- Heat in the oven until cheese is slightly melted.
- Slice the Olives lengthwise to form spider bodies. Slice in rounds and split in half to form spider legs. Slice in rounds to form eyes.
- Arrange olives on prepared Bagel Crisps. Serve and enjoy!