This shop has been compensated by MomItForward and its advertiser.
All opinions are 100% my own.
The first time I was pregnant, I totally read that book “What to Expect When You’re Expecting” and it was great. I learned all sorts of things. But what I didn’t feel like I learned: What to expect after you push a gigantic watermelon out your lady parts. Seriously. These are the 5 Crazy Postpartum Hacks I Wish I’d Known–because it sucked stumbling through and figuring them out on my own.
And, I guess the worst part of not knowing these 5 Crazy Postpartum Hacks…I had a whole new level of “sucktacularness” because I found out I was pregnant with baby #2 when baby #1 was just a year old. So, really, I spent like 8 years pregnant, postpartum and, now, with the diapers…Friends, being postpartum (and all it’s leaky glory), for basically the last 3 years? Not. Fun. Heh.
5 Crazy Postpartum Hacks I Wish I’d Known
- You’re still going to have cravings. Yeah–apparently, just because baby pops-out does not mean you suddenly go back to wanting your prior dinner of salad and breadsticks…nope. That stuff is going to take a while to get back to. Which is sad. And the cravings…still weird. So, the hack: eat what you crave…your body still needs it.
- You might leak a little. You know, DOWN THERE. And not just like the bleeding afterward thing (which takes forever in and of itself). But like pee-pees. Every time you sneeze, laugh, hit a speedbump…But it’s ok. 1 in 3 women experience light bladder leakage (LBL), so you’re not alone. And it often occurs during or after pregnancy–so, again: Not. Alone. The hack: Get some Poise Thin-Shape Light Absorbency pads to have in the cabinet. Just in case.
- Leaky boobs, too. This was something I was totally unprepared for. I thought: Oh, I’ll just buy these cute washable–nope. You need like the industrial size box of “ultra-comfort” disposable pads. The hack: Buy some booby-pads, too.
- Swelling still happens. And you thought you could get away from the support socks and propping-up of the feet. Apparently, circulation, like the rest of your body, does not just snap back into shape. And the hack: Keep your feet up and those tight socks on at all times.
- Dehydration is a serious problem. Yeeeeah, you’re feeding baby from your water-supply. Your body isn’t circulating right. And you’re leaky. Water loss is occurring. And it’s hard to keep up with. Drink, drink, drink, drink–DRINK. All the water. And wear your new Poise Thin-Shape Light Absorbency pads–the thinnest pads for LBL–because if you’re well hydrated…the leaking…oh, the leaking. LOL! Last hack: Drink. Heh.
Something I really wish I’d known about was the potential for LBL. Because I was totally blind-sided by that. If I’d even had just a bumper-pack of Poise pads on hand–the ones that feature Thin-Flex Technology that moves with your body? I would have been a happier camper.
To help spread awareness about LBL and empower women to seize their Poise moment, Poise brand teamed up with Brooke Burke-Charvet. You know, to get women past the fear and discomfort and stop letting leaks interrupt lives.
Honestly, I’d have loved to know this was just normal body stuff–like no one is going to think you’re a pariah because you sprinkle a little when you sneeze. Seriously. Seize your Poise Moment.
Ok. So, do you have anything to add to my 5 Crazy Postpartum Hacks I Wish I’d Known? Just drop me a line in the comments. And pin this so that your friends can be informed too, heh. And, know that we women deserve the best options for managing our LBL. The Poise brand has great products that allow us to live our lives uninterrupted and with confidence. Because we deserve that.
Visit www.Poise.com to learn more and request a sample, so you too can seize your Poise moment.