BOO! Scared you, didn’t I? No? Oh, well–I wasn’t really trying. These Spicy Hamburger Pizza Mummies probably won’t scare your Halloween guests, either–but they are a big hit with my Halloween crowd…soooo–BOO! Plus, they’re easy to make (so not as scary as they might seem in the pictures. AND, not only that, but you can make them ahead, store them in the fridge for a few days, then pop ’em in the microwave to warm them up. Win-win-win?! Am I right? LOL!
I’ve even been known to make these cute little guys and tuck them in my grandson’s lunch before Halloween, you know–on the rare occasion (can’t be spoiling the kid, now can I?! LOL!). He love spicy things and jalapeno poppers that are stuffed with pizza ingredients? Yeah, he’s all about that.
My husband jokes that the Spicy Hamburger Pizza Mummies are “looking at him”, so, sometimes, I don’t put the eyes on, just so I don’t have to listen to that. Although he thinks he’s being funny…I don’t want to think about it. LOL! Because what if I get the mummy’s curse?! Hahahahahahahaha!
So, tell me what you think in the comments, below–and go ahead and pin this recipe for Spicy Hamburger Pizza Mummies. You know you’re going to want it in just a few days when Halloween is suddenly upon us! LOL!
And, while you’re thinking about it, go check out one of my other favorite Halloween-slash-Pizza recipes: Easy Mummy Pizza Sandwich (the kids LOVE that one and ask for it all the time).
Spicy Hamburger Pizza Mummies
These Spicy Hamburger Pizza Mummies probably won't scare your Halloween guests--but they are a big hit with my Halloween crowd...soooo--BOO!
- 2 cans Crescent Rolls
- 1 pound Ground Beef, browned
- 8 slices Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 can Tomato Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon Sweet Basil
- 6 large Jalapeno Peppers, halved and seeded
- 6 Ripe Olives, pitted
- Preheat oven to 375⁰.
- In a medium-sized skillet, over medium heat, brown the Ground Beef, stirring frequently. Remove browned meat from skillet and place in a paper towel lined bowl to drain.
- In a small, non-stick sauce pan, combine the Tomato Sauce, Garlic Powder, Oregano, and Sweet Basil. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until the mixture comes to a boil. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- **You may want to wear rubber gloves for this step, to prevent your hands from feeling like they are on fire after you prepare the Jalapenos!** Wash Jalapeno Peppers, cut in half lengthwise, remove and discard seeds, and place on paper towels to dry.
- Cut 6 Mozzarella Cheese slices in half, diagonally (to form triangles).
- Using a thimble (or small, round bottle lid, or cake decorating tip--the threaded side), cut 24 round pieces of cheese from the Mozzarella slices. Set aside.
- Slice 24 slices from the Ripe Olives, set aside.
- Unroll 4 Crescent Rolls, place on floured wax paper, and cut into thin strips.
- Unroll Crescent Rolls, and place one on a small piece of wax paper. Top with a half slice of Mozzarella Cheese, one-half of a Jalapeno Pepper, a tablespoon of the Tomato Sauce mixture, a tablespoon of browned Ground Beef.
- Wrap a few strips of Crescent Roll around the Crescent/Jalapeno concoction. Place on a large ungreased baking sheet.
- Repeat from step 9 until 6 mummies are complete.
- Bake for 13 to 17 minutes, or until mummy crust is lightly browned.
- While the first half dozen mummies are baking, assemble the second half dozen mummies.
- Allow to cool, remove from baking sheet, and place on serving dish.
- Place two round pieces of cheese on each mummy and top each cheese piece with a slice of ripe olive to simulate eyes. (If you plan to re-heat your mummies, add the cheese and olive slices after re-heating.)