Calling all Jello fans! I’ve got the perfect Halloween treat for you: zombie brain jello dessert. It’s a super fun treat for the Halloween season. Let’s not forget to mention how much the kids love this stuff! I mean, it’s a zombie brain. A Walking Dead marathon might be in order after devouring this one, yes? That sounds like a serious epically planned night, to me.
When I was making this, I had some curious eyes hanging over me. It’s jello, but it’s also zombie brains. The kids were very anxious for the jello to set so they could devour it! (Plus pretend they were eating zombie brains.) Needless to say, the kids loved every bit of it.
This zombie brain jello dessert is great for more than just the curious kids around Halloween though. It’s pretty dang tasty if I do say so myself, so the adults are sure to love it too. If you’re into the zombies, it’s a great treat for a more adult scary party too. (This could make a great boozy snack if you wanted.)
This snack is crazy good with the jello and gummy worms, but it also so simple. There isn’t much to it and it’ll be a treat that everyone will be begging for you to make again. I promise it to you, dude. It’s pretty epic.
If you need something simple, easy, and quick that will satisfy almost everyone, this is the treat for you. It’s perfect for Halloween and a fun delicious treat. You, your family, and your guests will go crazy for this zombie brain jello dessert.
- Green Apple Jello, 1 packet
- Tonic Water, 1 cup
- Gummy Worms
- Zombie Jello Mold
- 2 tbsp. corn syrup
- red food dye
- Make jello as directed on the package.
- Sub out a cup of cold water for tonic water - this is what will make it glow.
- Spray brain mold with nonstick.
- Pour into zombie brain mold and add in gummy worms.
- Set in a Rubbermaid with high edges (in case it gets knocked) and let sit in fridge for 3 hours.
- Once fully set a plate on the bottom of the mold and flip it over. The jello should slide right out.
- Decorate with additional gummy worms and fake blood.
- For fake blood:
- Mix cornstarch and red food dye. Drizzle over the zombie brain (mostly the plate).
When making this tonic water will help any color of jello glow. However, green works the best by far. Also, the tonic water will add a bit of bitterness to the jello. Because of that stick to sweet flavors such as green apple over lime or add in a tablespoon of sugar.