Alright, so this blog is supposed to be all about the nerd, the fun that comes from being a nerd and the silly hijinks of nerds. So, to kind of head back to our roots just a tiny, weentsy bit, I rounded-up all of NerdyMamma’s pie recipes in anticipation of the pi-iest day ever! So, congratulations on embarking on a fun day of roundness and enjoy our 14 Pies to Celebrate Pi Day!
14 Pies to Celebrate Pi Day!
- It’s fast, it’s easy. It’s not a hokey teen-girl stereotype. It’s just 5-Minute Frito Chili Pie. And just is not justified here. It’s good.
- Ain’t no shepherds makin’ Easy Shepherd’s Pie out on the Firefly anymore…if you get this nerdy reference, you get 50 points to Gryffindor.
- Mamma makes a mean 4-Ingredient Simple Chicken Pot Pie–and she makes it while wearing a crocheted throw. She’s COLD!
- Easy Hand Pies aren’t just for Valentines. Nope, nerdy moms make them anytime for the kiddos–to embarrass them when they pull it out of their lunch, specifically.
- Sometimes, it’s fun to make a Spider Pizza Pie (get it?!). And that’s why I love you.
- Vegan & Gluten-Free Brookie Piezookie is a pie, a cookie, a brownie, a cookie, vegan and gluten-free. Like a symphony in explanatory names…
- Nerdy kids love a little Mud Pie Play Dough. And moms love it because no actual earth worms are harmed in the making.
- Breakfast Tart Pies (Pop-Tart Copycat, but who’s counting) are so much more fun than the boxed stuff. Although my kids still want the boxed–wonder why that is…
- It’s the first yummy pie I think of making these days–Honey Pie with Brie Topping is so pretty and SO. Very. Yummy. And round. It’s round.
- I know I’m getting a little carried away at this point, but my kids loved the Pumpkin Patch Mud Pie Invitation to Play so much–I make it at least once a week (we recycle it).
- Makin’ breakfast for little nerds on Pi Day means making Apple Pie Pancakes.
- My mom loooorves to make this 10-Minute Strawberry Cheesecake Pie for–well, lots of different days, but Pi day, too.
- Blackberry Cobbler is really pie. All you need is a crust on top and bottom to make a pie. Really. Should have titled the dern thing pie to start with. It would be less confusing.
- Last silly one, I promise. But Sherlock LOCKED me into this Mini-Pizza Pie recipe. Heh.
So, ok, be sure to like us on Facebook. I love you and I want you to enjoy your pi day, so gogogogogogogo and make a pie–just for fun!