(Inside: This pizza is EPIC. No, really. You don’t get second chances to have Halloween pizza–and this is, hands-down, the best pizza for Halloween dinner. You won’t get better than this Easy Halloween Spider Pizza.)
It’s kind of a tradition in our house to have pizza on the night we do trick-or-treating. But plain-ole pizza just isn’t really all that special anymore.
We get it at least once a week, so having it for Halloween doesn’t really seem like much of a celebration. “But, if I made the pizza from scratch and added a few fun elements,” I thought…and thus the Easy Halloween Spider Pizza was born!
Revel in it’s creation!
Enjoy it’s gooey, spidery-ness of spider-dom!
Or just eat it.
I get it. You’re wandering through your day with this great big load of weight on you that you’re not making anything really special for your kids because, well, you’re always doing the things that your parents only rarely did.
So you have to up your game.
I’m with you.
To make something truly epic, you have to really get it out there.
ESPECIALLY for Halloween, the most epic of all holidays.
That’s why my friend Stephanie and I wrote this awesome book, Spectacularly Spooky Halloween Recipes.
You get 50+ recipes that are wickedly tricked-out and spookily spectacular in every way.
Plus, they’re all easy and so much more fun for the specialist of holidays…
So, really, go check that book out–because it’s amazing and you really should.
Also, it keeps me making these awesome recipes that I can bring to you guys. So, support me, and I’ll bring you more wicked ideas…you know you love it.
If you’re not digging the idea of buying the book, but you want to have this recipe for Spider Pizza for your Halloween dinner…don’t sweat it, just pin it, that way you can find it again when you’re standing in the kitchen about to throw down.
Now, let’s get to the meat of the matter. Heh.
Halloween Spider Pizza–the Easiest Way
Easy Halloween Spider Pizza. It's all there in the title.
- 2 1/2 tspn rapid rise yeast
- 1 cup water
- 2 1/2 cups flour, best if you have bread flour, but all-purpose will work
- 2 tblspn olive oil
- Pinch sugar
- 1 cup pizza sauce – I just use canned spaghetti sauce sometimes, or you can make it from scratch with this amazing recipe
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 5 slices of pepperoni
- 10 black olives
- 10 green olives
- 4 cherry tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Mix yeast, flour and sugar in a medium mixing bowl.
- Add water and olive oil. Mix thoroughly until dough is smooth.
- Cover with a damp paper towel and let stand for 5-10 minutes, depending on how thick you like your pizza.
- While that’s sitting, slice the cherry tomatoes into 40 (YES, 40!) very thin little slices.
- Slice 5 of the green olives and 5 of the black olives into thin little slices. Yes, 40, each, please. Those spiders need to have 8 legs each!
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly-floured sheet of wax paper.
- Pat or roll into a round-ish shape (I am intrinsically unable to do this in a round way–its always a crazy amoeba). If you like a thick crust, be sure to leave the dough thick around the edge.
- Cover the center with pizza sauce, except for the edge, of course.
- Place a liberal layer of mozzarella cheese over the pizza sauce.
- Strategically place your 5 whole black and green olives and your 5 pepperoni slices over the pizza.
- Lay the 8 slices of green olive next to the green olives like legs.
- Repeat for the black olives.
- Place slices of tomato next to the pepperonis, too.
- Place in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the cheese is completely melted and browned the way you like it.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool for approximately 5 minutes.
- Slice and feed to your tiny monsters!
And, please don’t forget to check out my Spectacularly Spooky Halloween Recipes book with Stephanie from Parenting Chaos. It’s amazing–there are over 50 spooky recipes RIGHT THERE for you to snag and make for your littler haunters…