(Inside: Look, I’m totally unable to eat anything with dairy. And for that, I am sadly left out of many delicious desserts. So I make my own. And duuuuuude. I made my own Vegan Unicorn Ice Cream. It was magical.)
Spring. Unicorns. Fantastical magical awesomeness.
That’s what this awesome treat screams.
At the top of it’s lungs.
Dairy-free, gluten-free, just all around magically delicious, this Vegan Unicorn Ice Cream is the bomb.
And I don’t say that often.
Just think of this Unicorn Ice Cream teetering on the top of a little waffle cone.
The more colors the merrier, when you do a double scoop.
It’s like a unicorn just came out of the rainbow mist and pooped all over your handy cone.
I seriously just keep about two cans of coconut milk in the back of the fridge.
Then when I am in the mood to make a sweet Unicorn Ice Cream treat for the family all I have to do is mix it together and toss into the freezer.
Literally ya’ll this has three ingredients not counting the food coloring.
Making ice cream in three ingredients is SO FREAKING FANTASTIC I CAN’T EVEN.
I am sadly left out of many delicious desserts. So I make my own. And duuuuuude. I made my own Vegan Unicorn Ice Cream. It was magical.
- 2 cans coconut milk; refrigerated overnight
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 2 drops pink, blue, purple, and yellow food coloring (each; americolor)
- Open your coconut milk cans and scoop the thick cream part into a bowl, trying to get as little of the coconut water as possible. Discard coconut water.
- Add the powdered sugar. Mix on high 5 minutes with a stand mixer or hand mixer until it becomes stiff and fluffy. Add vanilla. Mix for another 5 minutes until mixture resembles whipped topping.
- Separate the mixture into four bowl. Add two drops of food coloring each. Stir well.
- Line a baking loaf pan with parchment paper. Pour in bits of each mixture with drops of each color here and there. Repeat process. Place in freezer overnight. Serve!
ITEMS TO MAKE THIS UNICORN ICE CREAM