This classic and healthy Pea Salad is undoubtedly so creamy with a very rich flavor! With Bacon and cheese, mayonnaise, and sour cream, what more can you ask for?
This Pea Salad has been around for so many years that our grandmothers knew these recipes when they were growing up. I can say that it is one of those all-time favorites. Well, one reason is because it is very simple and easy to make, yet it is delightfully delicious.
That’s the same reason why this salad is one of my favorites, too. I remember one time that a friend organized a small party to welcome back our friend who was coming back from another country after a year. We had a potluck, unfortunately I knew I would be busy for days before that event.
Though I planned to bring some desserts, I wasn’t able to get all the ingredients. Days passed so quickly with a lot of errands, work, and projects that I couldn’t postpone. The next day was the surprise party, and I wasn’t ready to make that dessert. As I checked my refrigerator and cupboards, I found that I had all the ingredients for the Pea Salad.
And so, everybody’s happy! They loved the salad! It was a perfect side dish to the Slow cooker Greek Chicken.
There’s always an easier recipe and at the same time, equally delicious and can be enjoyed. Just like this Pea Salad.
Let’s make the Pea Salad!
Just like I said, it is very easy to make. Ingredients are also easy to find. I’m sure most of them are already in your kitchen, otherwise, you can go to the nearest grocery store or supermarket and they are there.
We will need 2 cups of uncooked Peas, 3 tablespoons mayonnaise, 1/4 cup sour cream, 1/2 tablespoon white sugar, or more if you like it sweeter. We also need 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar or more to taste, salt and pepper as desired, 3-4 slices of bacon (cooked and chopped), 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese, and 1/4 diced red onion.
Bring a saucepan full of water to boil over high heat. Add the peas and then cook for 2 minutes, then drain and rinse immediately with cold water.
Place the peas in the fridge if still warm. Assemble the rest of the salad.
Combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, sugar, apple cider vinegar, salt, and pepper in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Taste and adjust to your personal preferences.
Stir in the cooled peas, chopped bacon, shredded cheddar cheese and diced red onion until all ingredients are completely coated.
Place the salad in the fridge for at least an hour to marinate.
Let me also remind you to Pin this recipe into your Healthy Salad Pinterest Board especially if you will make this later on. It will be easy for you to get back to this recipe.
This creamy and delicious Pea Salad is one healthy and appetizing classic recipe. Very easy to make and one of those all-time favorite side dishes.
- 2 cups peas, uncooked
- 3 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 Tablespoons white sugar, or more to taste
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar, or more to taste
- Salt and pepper, as desired
- 3-4 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- Bring a saucepan full of water to boil over high heat.
- Add the peas and cook for 2 minutes, then drain and rinse immediately with cold water.
- If the peas are still warm, place in the fridge as you assemble the rest of the salad.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, sugar, apple cider vinegar, salt and pepper. Taste and adjust to your personal preferences.
- Stir in the cooled peas, chopped bacon, shredded cheddar cheese and diced red onion until all ingredients are completely coated.
- Place the salad in the fridge for at least an hour to marinate.
- Serve cold.
Did you like this recipe? Why don’t you check these other salads. They are all easy, healthy, and delicious, too!