A couple of days ago, I was STARVING. And by “starving” I mean belly-button-rubbing-on-my-spine kind of hungry. But I was also feeling quite lazy. That happens, right? You get the low blood sugar, maybe you missed lunch (that’s what happened to me), and you’ve lost all energy to do anything that requires more than about 2 minutes of concentration. But nothing in the pantry looks good. That’s when I decided to try my hand at one of these fun stuffed-avocado recipes. But I didn’t want mine to be “normal”–that wouldn’t be fun. So, I went with a Egg-Free Crab Salad Stuffed Avocados. Yeah–crab salad. How’d you like that? So not “normal” for an avocado–but so yummy you’ve gotta try it, right?!
Honestly, I’d seen about a thousand recipes for tuna salad stuffed avocados, so I could have made that. And I could have even made it without eggs (done that before, you know), but I didn’t have any canned tuna. And although I’d happily have cooked up a fresh tuna (haha, just kidding–I was feeling LAZY, too, yea?!), I didn’t have one of those either. What I did have was a package of imitation crab meat (although I think this recipe for Egg-Free Crab Salad Stuffed Avocados would be even better with real crab meat–just sayin’).
So, there I stood, drooling over this awesome little avocado with too much stuffing. It was perfect. Oh, buddy, it was P-E-R-F-E-C-T. Even now, I can taste it on the back of my tongue. Definitely a lunch I’ll be making again. LOL!
Egg-Free Crab Salad Stuffed Avocados
I went with a Egg-Free Crab Salad Stuffed Avocados. Yeah--crab salad. How'd you like that? So not "normal" for an avocado--but so yummy you've gotta try it, right?!
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 cucumber, chopped finely
- 1 cup canned crab meat OR 1 package imitation crab meat, that's all I had this time around
- 2 tablespoon coconut milk cream
- 1 tspn oil
- 2 tblspn onion, chopped finely
- 1/3 tspn Salt
- Pinch pepper
- 1 tspn lemon juice
- Mix coconut milk cream, lemon juice, oil, salt and pepper together in a small bowl, forming a kind of odd mayonnaise. But it works, so don't knock it until you've tried it.
- Mix in cucumber, onion and pepper.
- Drain crab meat and flake, using a fork (ok, you can use a knife, if you need to).
- Stir crab meat into the coconut cream mixture.
- Slice avocado open and remove seed.
- Spoon crab salad into the avocado cavity.
So, what kind of other fun things could I stuff in an avocado? I mean, I love these Egg-Free Crab Salad Stuffed Avocados, don’t get me wrong, but surely there are other yummy ideas out there just waiting for my tongue to enjoy…drop me a line in the comments. Or call me out on Facebook! I’d love to hear from you.