Summer Pasta Salad is perfect for potlucks, picnic, and even summer barbecues. It can also accompany a meal for dinner. This dish keeps in the fridge a couple of days so it can also be jarred for lunches. This salad is unique with fresh squash and zucchini along with the unique dressing.
I like to use rotini pasta but the pasta can easily be changed to either bowtie or elbow noodles. I like to make this summer pasta salad a day before so it sits and soaks up all that dressing. Sometimes I will make mroe and add it to the bowl because I love lots of dressing. This is a popular one at adult gatherings. Kids are usually scared of the squash and zucchini.
Although, this summer pasta salad is super refreshing and if a kid does try it they probably would like it. The tomatoes in this can be hot house tomatoes or roma’s. I think one of the two of these do the best. Vine ripe tomatoes seem to become mushy. What summer salads do you make? I’d love to hear about them. I am always trying to figure out what to make for a pot luck.
- 1 lb pasta; of choice
- 2 roma tomatoes; sliced
- 1 squash; diced
- 1 zucchini; diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Boil pasta per directions on the box. Rinse and strain.
- Cut up squash, tomatoes, and zucchini. Place in large bowl with pasta.
- In a small bowl, mix in olive oil, vinegar, garlic powder, and dijon mustard. Whisk.
- Pour mixture over pasta and toss well. Top with sea salt and pepper. Toss well. Refrigerate until serving.