(Inside: It’s freaking ghost donuts. You can call them ghoul donuts. Or Mini-Donut Ghosts. Whatever. But they’re donuts that are ghosts. And they’re delicious–as well as ghastly and kind of fun.)
I really just needed something simple to start this conversation that was related in some way to Ghost Donuts.
Boo was the best I could do.
The key here is that the Ghost Donuts are all of the following:
So, therefore, you must make them for your kids (or yourself) for the upcoming All-Hallows-Eve.
I mean, seriously.
THEY’RE SO ADORABLE.
Ok. Piece said.
Just enjoy this Ghost Donut Recipe.
That’s all I ask.
Here’s a cute video of the making of the ghost donuts. Enjoy that too? Please?
[adthrive-in-post-video-player video-id=”sqsWWbC0″ upload-date=”2018-08-20T18:45:47.000Z” name=”Ghost Donuts” description=”A slideshow of how to make mini donuts into ghosts for a Halloween party.”]
Just go ahead and pin this recipe for Ghost Donuts.
Seriously, they’re so simple, you’re going to want to make these for your kids’ Halloween party at school or maybe just for funsies…their so cool.
It's freaking ghost donuts. You can call them ghoul donuts. Or Mini-Donut Ghosts. Whatever. But they're donuts that are ghosts. And they're delicious--as well as ghastly and kind of fun.
- 1 box of white cake mix, any brand
- 1 egg
- 1/4 C. vegetable oil
- 1 C. water
- 10 oz Wilton Bright White Candy Melts
- Mini chocolate chips
- Regular size chocolate chips
- Mini donut pan
- Large freezer bag
- Kitchen scissors
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray a mini donut pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine the box of cake mix to the egg, vegetable oil and water.
- Scoop the donut batter into the freezer bag, snip a small corner of the bag and gently squeeze the batter into the prepared mini donut wells.
- Bake the donut for about 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely.
- Once the donuts have cooled, gently remove them from the mini donut pan and set aside.
- Line a large baking sheet with wax or parchment paper.
- Pour the bright white candy melts into a microwave safe dish and heat in the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring occasionally until melted.
- Once the chocolate has melted, let it cool a few minutes and then carefully dip each mini donut into the melted chocolate, flip it over so it's completely covered and lift out with a fork. Gently tap the fork down and allow the excess melted chocolate drip off the donut. Place the donut on the lined baking sheet.
- Place one of the larger chocolate chips tip down in the center of the donut and then give the ghost donut two eyes using the mini chocolate chips.
- Repeat with all the donuts.