Easy and fun to make. That’s Funfetti Cookie Dough Bars. Chewy, delicious, and the best of all, it’s made mainly of cookie butter!
If you are enjoying cookie butter, these funfetti inspired cookie dough bars are perfect for you. It’s a simple and delicious snack and dessert for everyone. Having some visitors coming over? These can be the best dessert after your prepared dishes and favorite drinks. With the whipped cream toppings on them, it will not only look tastier, well, it is going to be tastier. Oh! And my kids love them more. I know. Right?
My favorite drink to be with it is, of course, hot cocoa bombs! Nothing is better than with Cookie Butter Hot Cocoa Bombs! But hey! Any hot cocoa bombs will do. That’s just me. Umm-hmm!
Being so colorful, they are great for parties and celebrations, too.!
Can They be Prepared Ahead?
Yes, of course. Just make the funfetti cookie dough bars with or without the powdered sugar topping. Arrange and place in a covered container and refrigerate overnight or up to 3 days if with the topping, or about a week if without the toppings.
However, if you have leftovers, I’m sure they won’t last even 3 days. Then you will wish you had made more.
How to make Funfetti Cookie Dough Bars
For the bars, you will need these ingredients:
- Cookie butter – A store-bought or homemade cookie butter can be used.
- Heavy Cream – It will make the bars taste creamier, and a bit chewy when cooked.
- Butter – Adds flavor, and makes the bars tender, especially while they are still warm.
- Finely crushed cookies – Creates a unique texture and flavor that is different from the texture and flavor you would get from using flour. Use your favorite crispy cookies or tea buscuits.
- Funfetti Style Sprinkles – gives this snack the name of funfetti cookie dough bars.
- Vanilla and cinnamon powder add flavor. However, they are optional.
- Brown sugar – Besides the color that it will create for your baked goodies, brown sugar has a toffee or caramel-like flavor because of the added molasses.
Powdered sugar and milk topping with sprinkles makes it really special. Being colorful makes the bars attractive. Just ask the kids! These are the best for parties, or you can just enjoy your cookie dough bars with the creamy, delicious topping all by yourself.
Here’s How to Make Your Funfetti Cookie Dough Bars
This isn’t the actual recipe, but if you’d like to jump straight to the recipe, just scroll down to the bottom of this post.
- Microwave the butter just until melted, and then let it cool down.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Line an 8×8 inch pan with parchment paper.
- Blend together the cookie butter and heavy cream. Set aside.
- With the cooled-down butter, add in crushed cookies, sprinkles, brown sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla. Mix together.
- Add the cookie butter and cream mixture Stir until well blended.
- Press the dough into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes if you like it softer or gooey, or 26-30 mins if you want the bars drier and more firm.
- When done, allow the bars to cool down completely, cutting into smaller portions about 2 inches by 2 inches.
For the Powdered Sugar Topping
Add the milk to the powdered sugar, and stir to combine. Add sprinkles. Spread the mixture on top of the cooled cookie bars, before cutting.
Here are a few Tips and Tricks that may Improve Your Funfetti Cookie Dough Bar Making Experience:
Check the edges of the bars while baking. When they are starting to become brown and the edges are slightly pulling away from the sides of the pan, remove them from the oven.
The middle of the bars might look like they’re not completely baked even if the baking time finished, but that is okay. The bars will set up when they have completely cooled.
Because this is so easy and you know it’s going to be delicious, be sure to pin it to your favorite cookie butter snack recipes board on Pinterest so you can find it again fast!
Funfetti Cookie Dough Bars
If you are enjoying cookie butter, these funfetti inspired cookie dough bars may become your favorite snack! They are very easy and fun to make, and so delicious, too!
- 1/2 cup Cookie Butter
- ¼ cup Heavy Cream
- 2 Tbsp Unsalted Butter, melted (salted butter will be okay, if that's all you have)
- 1 cup Finely crushed cookies or tea buscuits
- ¼ cup Funfetti Style Sprinkles
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp ground Cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp Brown sugar (optional)
For the Powdered Sugar topping
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/8 cup Milk (or milk substitute)
- ¼ cup Funfetti Style Sprinkles
Melt butter in a large bowl, and then let it cool down. If you pour the butter into the mixture when it is still hot, the cookie dough bars will taste greasy.
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line an 8x8 inch pan with parchment paper leaving an overhang to remove the bars easily when done. You can use foil, but be sure to spray it.
In a medium-sized bowl blend together the cookie butter and heavy cream. Set aside.
In the large bowl with the cooled-down butter, add in crushed cookies, sprinkles, brown sugar (optional), cinnamon, and vanilla. Mix all together with a wooden spoon or spatula until well blended. It will look lumpy at first.
Add the cookie butter and cream mixture to the cookie mixture. Stir until well blended. The batter may be thick, but keep stirring or you can use your fingers and knead it. If you think it’s too thick, sprinkle the mixture with a small amount of water and continue kneading.
Press the dough into the bottom of the prepared pan. Smooth the top evenly with the back of a spoon or spatula.
Bake for 20-25 minutes if you like the cookie dough bars to be soft or gooey. Bake for 26-30 minutes if you like the cookie dough bars to be drier and more firm.
When done, allow the bars to cool down completely.
For the powdered sugar topping
Add the milk to the powdered sugar and stir to combine. Add the sprinkles and stir. Spread on top of the completely cooled cookie bars. Cut cookie bars into 2 x 2 inch pieces.
Serve and Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 163Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 103mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 0gSugar: 6gProtein: 1g