(Inside: It’s one awesome flavor-filled punch after another with this recipe for Simple Tequila-Infused Chicken Tacos. You can’t NOT grab a second tortilla and make another taco…)
When your kid accidentally spills your cocktail on your chicken while cooking, you come-up with one idea (like Mojito-Infused Chicken Tacos).
And then your brain just can’t handle the possibilities and you make something like Simple Tequila-Infused Chicken Tacos.
Because that bite is AMAZING in a tortilla.
Ok. So, the secret here is in the amount of time you choose to let the chicken marinate in lime and tequila.
Everything else on these Simple Tequila-Infused Chicken Tacos is just window dressing.
I could literally eat the chicken by itself in bite after bit of soft delicious-nirvana.
Also, I kind of love this chicken.
Sorry. (not really)
So, my best tip for this is to plan ahead and just toss the chicken and marinade together the night before, or even in the morning before you leave for work.
That way it has a good, long time to get the alcohol all the way into every bite of the chicken.
Also, if you don’t like tequila, probably not the best idea to make Simple Tequila-Infused Chicken Tacos. Just sayin’.
Maybe you should stick with plain-jane tacos of awesome.
Because these tacos have bite.
Now, before you go on, you need to pin yo Simple Tequila-Infused Chicken Tacos.
Because they need a good pinnin’.
You show ’em who’s boss. Heh.
Old El Paso Original Taco Seasoning Mix, 1 ozTacoProper Taco Holder FiestaPak, Set of 12, Made in ChinaWomens Fitness Taco Funny Gym T Shirt Humorous Mexican Food Tee For Ladies (Dark Grey) – LKidsFunwares TriceraTACO Taco Holder – The Ultimate Prehistoric Taco Stand for Jurassic Taco Tuesdays and Dinosaur Parties – Holds 2 Tacos – The Perfect Gift for Kids and Kidults that Love DinosaursTaco Takeover Board Game
Simple Tequila-Infused Chicken Tacos
It's one awesome flavor-filled punch after another with this recipe for Simple Tequila-Infused Chicken Tacos. You can't NOT grab a second tortilla and make another taco.
- 4 deboned chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup tequila
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 tblspn lime juice
- 1 tblspn homemade taco seasoning
- 3 small tomatoes
- 1 large avocado
- 1 cup chopped lettuce
- 1 tblspn sour cream
- 2 small radishes, I don't normally radish, but I visited the local farmer's market and couldn't help myself
- 2 tblspn olive oil
- 4-6 flour tortillas
- In a zipper baggie, add chicken, 1/2 of the lime juice, water and tequila.
- Allow this to marinate overnight or for a few hours. Whatever.
- Over medium heat, place the olive oil and, when oil is hot, add the chicken.
- Flip the chicken when one side is browned slightly, then add the remaining lime juice to the chicken.
- While that's cooking, chop the tomatoes and slice the avocado.
- When the chicken is cooked on both sides, slice into lengths.
- In the tortilla, layer chicken, tomatoes, chopped lettuce and avocados.
- Drizzle a little sour cream on top.