(Inside: Another accidentally genius recipe. I took these Instant Pot Mojito Infused Chicken Tacos for a run and found myself blown away by the fantastic minty bite of every mouthful.)
Let’s be honest here. You know you love mojitos.
That minty bite of refreshing club soda and liquor.
Sometimes, you just kinda want one.
And then your toddler spills it in the chicken.
Because there’s no way I came up with Instant Pot Mojito Infused Chicken Tacos on my own.
It had to be an accident.
Honestly, the best part about these Insta Pot Mojito Infused Chicken Tacos was the whole accident thing.
If it hadn’t been for that–I probably never would have though to dump all this in the instant pot.
But the flavor.
O. M. G.
Totally the best accident ever.
And then, once the idea was there…I just couldn’t help myself.
Something else I love about these Insta Pot Mojito Infused Chicken Tacos is the lack of sour cream.
No, wait before you judge me!
I usually love me some good ‘ole sour cream, but using the cool tones of mint and the raw onion…no need for sour cream. At. All.
Which is rather awesome–because I was out.
Ok. All joking aside, pin this Instant Pot Mojito Infused Chicken Tacos recipe RIGHT NOW or you’ll be sad…
Instant Pot Ultra 6 Qt 10-in-1 Multi- Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Yogurt Maker, Cake Maker, Egg Cooker, Sauté, Steamer, Warmer, and SterilizerGenuine Instant Pot Tempered Glass lid, Clear – 9 in. (23 cm) – 6 QuartGenuine Instant Pot Sealing Ring Clear, 5 or 6 QuartInstant Pot Accu SV800 Sous Vide Immersion Circulator (120V, 800W)
Insta Pot Mojito Infused Chicken Tacos
Another accidentally genius recipe. I took these Instant Pot Mojito Infused Chicken Tacos for a run and found myself blown away by the fantastic minty bite of every mouthful.
- 4 deboned chicken breasts
- 2 tblspns lime juice
- 1/4 cup loose mint leaves
- Small purple onion
- 1 small can tomato paste
- 1 small jalapeno
- 1 cup rum
- 1 cup water
- 2 tblspn homemade taco seasoning
- 4-6 flour tortillas
- Mix rum, lime, water, 1/2 of the mint leaves, diced jalapeno, 3/4 of the taco seasoning and all of the chicken in the instant pot.
- Set timer for 8 minutes or "chicken".
- While that's cooking, mix the remaining portion of the taco seasoning, tomato paste and maybe a teeeeny splash of rum (you can never have enough in a recipe) in a small bowl and set aside.
- Slice onion and set aside.
- When the chicken is done, remove it from the instant pot and slice into edible chunks.
- Layer the paste mix, chicken, onion and remaining mint leaves in a tortilla.