(Inside: OMG! This Unicorn Favor Bag is such a cute DIY project! I can’t wait to make more of these for my littlie’s birthday!)
Yeah, um, I may have had a little fun with some glitter and glue.
Not always the best way to spend a day, but come on.
It ended up with a Unicorn Favor Bag I can’t wait to make more of.
That’s nothing to be sad about.
This is seriously adorable–one of my favorite DIY’s too, because you just can’t go wrong.
And a Favor Bag.
So there’s presents inside.
You just can’t go wrong.
Free Printable Unicorn Favor Bag Template
[lockercat]To get the template, just click here.[/lockercat]
Unicorn Favor Bag
Supplies for the Unicorn Favor Bag
- Off white craft paper
- Colored craft paper – 4-5 different colors
- Cardstock paper – any color
- Pencil – to trace template (above) onto craft paper
- All purpose adhesive glue
- Glitter Powder – golden
- Ribbon – half an inch thick
- Black marker
Ok. So, I kinda forgot–but totally pin this. It’s required if you want the unicorns to come kiss you at your party…
Cute Video of Making the Unicorn Favor Bag
Instructions to Make the Unicorn Favor Bag
- Prepare a white or off white colored craft paper into 10 inches x 6 inches for the bag.
- Create a thin fold (about half an inch) along any one side of the 6 inches. Now fold the rest of the paper into half (folding the remaining 9.5 inches into half).
- Apply glue along the extra half an inch part and attach it with the other open end.
- Fold the current paper 3 inches up from the bottom and create a crease along the folding line. Bag is almost ready.
- Keep the bag on a flat surface and open the bottom by creating corner folds on both sides of the bottom. This will create a triangle corners at the bottom.
- Now fold and bring the open sides towards the middle of the bottom. Glue the overlapping parts of the folded open sides to close the bottom of the bag.
- Notice the yellow lines marked on the bag. Create folds along the marked lines.
- Now unfold all folds and pop open the bag.
- Choose different colored craft papers and trace the patterns from the template (above) on the papers. The template includes – 2 petaled and 1 spiral patterns for each flower, 2 outer ear and 2 inner ear patterns for the ear, 1 horn pattern and 2 circles for the cheek blushes.
- Create rolled flower with the spiral pattern and glue the open ends of the petaled patterns. Glue the inner ear patterns on the outer ear patterns and apply glitter on the horn pattern.
- Attach the 2 petaled patterns together and glue the rolled flower on the center of them. Similarly create 2 more flowers and 2 more rolled flowers.
- Fold inwards and glue the fold from both bottom sides of the ears.
- All items ready? Now use a black sharpie to draw the unicorn face on the bag.
- Attach all crafted items on the bag one by one. Arrange them nicely and neatly.
- Better to attach the ears and horns first; Then the flowers.
- Use ribbons for handles. Cut 2 pieces of ribbons into same size and simply glue the open ends of the ribbons with the top open end of the bag on the inside and done!
Get the Supplies to Make the Unicorn Favor Bag
Stampendous Frantage Micro Glitter for Arts and Crafts, GoldElmer’s Liquid School Glue, Washable, 1 Gallon, 1 Count – Great For Making SlimePacon Tru-Ray Construction Paper, 9-Inches by 12-Inches, 50-Count, Assorted (103031)UHU ALL Purpose Adhesive 35mlLaRibbons Solid Color Satin Ribbon Asst. #2 – 10 Colors 3/8