I. Can’t. Stop. Eating. These mmm…magnificent Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Pinwheel Cookies! This batch just came out of the oven. All warm, the chocolate chips all gooey! My taste buds think that I’ve died and gone to heaven. Stop it! Stop that! Leave those alone. Jeez–I just can’t control myself with these cookies…
Ok, so here’s the deal. Unless you want to be addicted, don’t make these cookies. Unless you want your friends to call you every couple of weeks, begging you to come to a party–and bring “those cookies”, don’t make these cookies. Seriously, this is fair warning. Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Pinwheel Cookies are not for the uninformed.
But, now that we have the disclaimer out of the way, you can grab a mixer and get started. Because, if you’re still here, you’re serious. I can tell.
And it’s like this: Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Pinwheel Cookies are serious business. My husband literally sits at the bar, waiting for them to come out of the oven. My grandkids–don’t get me started.
Go ahead and pin this. Even if you’re making Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Pinwheel Cookies right now, you will want to save the recipe for use again in, oh, about 30 minutes (that’s about how long it takes to demolish a batch). LOL!
Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Pinwheels
I. Can't. Stop. Eating. These mmm...magnificent Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Pinwheel Cookies! This batch just came out of the oven.
- 3/4 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup Butter or Margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 cup Light Brown Sugar, firmly packed
- 3 tablespoons Milk
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 large Egg
- 1-3/4 cups All Purpose Flour, sifted
- 3/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 3/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Mini Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350⁰.
- Spray a baking sheet with no-stick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine Peanut Butter, and softened Margarine (or Butter).
- Beat with hand mixer until well blended.
- Add Granulated and Light Brown Sugar, Milk, and Vanilla, mix.
- Add Egg and mix only until well blended.
- In a separate bowl, combine Flour, Baking Soda, and Salt. Add by thirds to Peanut Butter mixture, mixing on low speed until blended.
- Take approximately 1/3 of the cookie dough and roll out on a floured sheet of waxed paper to about 1/2-inch thick.
- Sprinkle approximately 1/3 cup of the Mini Chocolate Chips over the rolled-out cookie dough.
- Gently press down on the Mini Chocolate Chips to embed them into the cookie dough.
- Lift the long side of the wax paper and gently roll the cookie dough (like a jelly roll).
- Using a sharp knife, cut into 12 pieces, approximately all the same thickness.
- Place each cookie on the baking sheet.
- Bake approximately 8 to 9 minutes. The cookies should be lightly browned.
- Allow cookies to cool for a couple of minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.