I hate a boring meal. Even a boring breakfast, which is like the QUICKEST meal of the day for most people (including me). I mean, if I’m going to have five seconds to down something, it needs to be something that meets some basic criteria. The Coconut-Kiwi Breakfast Smoothie meets all my requirements–and then some. Did you know that coconut milk was so good? By itself, sure, but did you know how exciting it becomes when you add a little kiwi? Yeah, it’s great. So there. Heh.
Now, the basic requirements of a “regular” breakfast for me:
- More fun than a bowl of cereal.
- Quick to eat.
- Quick to make.
Because, sometimes, the toddler will let me have 20 mintues to mull-over a great waffle with scrambled eggs and hashbrowns. But, more often than not, the kiddo is done with her breakfast well before I can even get the baby set up with her’s–then she’s done before I can get the toddler cleaned-off and my breakfast on the table. So, if I can do some hands-off makin’ like with the Coconut-Kiwi Breakfast Smoothie, I can get things started, then get the girls taken care off-then come back to my own breakfast…just kind of work it all together in one seamless ballet of “no time for mom to eat”, right? LOL!
The best news is that this smoothie is NOT a cup of coffee that requires re-warming a dozen times if you don’t get to it right away. I totally set mine down to change diapers and turn on another episode of morning cartoons and find the baby a paci…and returned to my breakfast without missing a beat. Kinda awesome, if you ask me.
Coconut-Kiwi Breakfast Smoothie
The Coconut-Kiwi Breakfast Smoothie meets all my breakfast requirements--and then some. Did you know that coconut milk was so good? By itself, sure, but did you know how exciting it becomes when you add a little kiwi?
- 2 cans coconut milk, refrigerated overnight
- 3 small kiwis, peeled and frozen overnight
- 1 tblspn honey
- 1/3 tspn nutritional yeast, optional
- 1 banana, frozen overnight
- Pinch salt
- Open the coconut milk cans from the bottom, drain the water off and scoop the thick cream out into your blender or food processor.
- Add your kiwis, honey banana and salt.
- Blend until smooth.
- Add nutritional yeast, if desired.
- Slice a fresh kiwi for garnish, if desired, too, but I only do that for photos...that's a lot of effort when you have a baby hollering that she's ready for diaper change #459. Heh.
So, you just have to let me know how your Coconut-Kiwi Breakfast Smoothie works out. I mean, sometimes, I feel like I’m out here talking and there’s not a person really listening…heh. So, drop me a line, just to say hi…or to tell me how great the smoothie was. Whatever. I’ll even take a “a”–just one key click. Heh.