(Inside: Seriously simple Grilled Chicken Kabob Tacos that the kids will love, mostly because kids love kebabs and tacos. And this recipe marries the two.)
It was a cold and dreary night.
Not really–it was the first warm day in a while and I wanted to heat-up the grill.
Oh my word–this was so much fun to get the grill going for the first time this year!
I’d forgotten how fast it was to get ‘er up and going and happy to cook for me.
She’s such a trooper.
And the Grilled Chicken Kabob Tacos she made for me? Perfection.
She’s amazing, my grill.
That grill–she really does make a mess though.
I mean, I don’t have to clean it up, because it’s not in the oven or on a pan.
She cleans herself up and making Grilled Chicken Kabob Tacos is so ridiculously easy with her, because she’s literally the cleanest cooking tool I’ve got.
Don’t mind me–I’m just a girl in love with her grill.
Speaking of being in love with the grill…did you know that you can clean the grill with aluminum foil if you can’t find your brush?
I’ve been doing this for like 5 years now. It totally works.
Just be careful not to do it when the flames are on or you might scorch yourself (may have tried this myself and got me a little bitty ouchie for my troubles).
BUT! I got my grill nice and clean for these Grilled Chicken Kabob Tacos and look how purty they are?! LOL!
Just pin this recipe for Grilled Chicken Kabob Tacos–regardless of whether you’re in love with your grill or not, you need this recipe for those warms days. Do eeet…
Grilled Chicken Kabob Tacos
Dude. Kids LOVE kabobs. And they really love tacos. No joke, they're really in love with Grilled Chicken Kabob Tacos. And I kinda am too.
- 2 lbs chicken tenders
- 1 tbsp homemade taco seasoning
- 1 medium onion
- 2 medium bell peppers
- 1 bunch cilantro
- Get the grill very hot.
- While that's heating, skewer the chicken longways and the bell peppers too.
- Slice the onion in half and skewer that too, through the middle so it all stays together.
- Sprinkle it all with the homemade taco seasoning.
- Turn the grill down to low.
- Place the chicken, bell pepper and onion on the grill.
- Grill for 6 minutes on each side.
- Remove and allow to cool.
- Slice the bell peppers and onion finely.
- Layer bell peppers, onions and chicken in the tortillas.