(Inside: Uh, this magically delicious Instant Pot Taco Stew is so warm and filling. Perfect for ALLLL your cold, chilly nights. Or your quick-lunches on the weekend. Heck, it’s just perfect. Anytime.)
I’m so tired of it, I want to yell at the sky and demand a warm summery day insert itself in my winter.
Stupid sky never listens though.
That’s ok. I have Instant Pot Taco Stew to keep me warm. Heh.
Not kidding about the whole warm thing. Seriously.
This is a warm dish.
Do not serve cold.
KOVOT Set of 4 Speckled Ceramic Soup Bowls With Spoons – 22-Ounces Each[Updated] Soup Spoons, AmoVee Wholesale Stainless Steel Alpha Round Spoons, Set of 8Fred SALT+MAGIC Wand Salt and Pepper ShakersSweese 1131 Porcelain Fluted Latte Bowl Set – 28 Ounce Stable and Deep – Microwavable Bowls for Cereal, Soup – Set of 6, Cool Assorted ColorsStar Wars Salt and Pepper Shakers – R2D2 and R2Q5 – Add a little Star Wars to every Meal
Unless you like cold soup and stew. But really–this is not gespatcho or whatever they call that weird cold tomato soup the French love (it’s French, right?!).
Whatever. This Instant Pot Taco Stew is not that.
It’s warm. In more ways than one.
It’s both hot because you eat it while it’s steaming, but also because this Instant Pot Taco Stew has a little kick with it’s jalapeno and that just makes it hot-dang-awesome.
Also, it’s kind of versatile. Because you can eat it as-is in a bowl (it’s stew, so that makes sense–heck, you could even make a fantastic bread bowl to toss it off in to eat, who am I to judge?!) or you can eat it in a tortilla (my preferred method).
Which. Is. Hot.
So, before you go further, pin the living sheeet out of this Instant Pot Taco Stew because it’s hot and you’re going to want it again and again. Not kidding.
Ok. Now on to the good stuff.
Instant Pot Ultra 6 Qt 10-in-1 Multi- Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Yogurt Maker, Cake Maker, Egg Cooker, Sauté, Steamer, Warmer, and SterilizerGenuine Instant Pot Tempered Glass lid, Clear – 9 in. (23 cm) – 6 QuartGenuine Instant Pot Sealing Ring Clear, 5 or 6 QuartInstant Pot Accu SV800 Sous Vide Immersion Circulator (120V, 800W)
Instant Pot Taco Stew
Instant Pot Taco Stew
Cold. So cold. Bitterly so outside. But inside, it's nice and warm and there's a super hearty Instant Pot Taco Stew ready in about 15 minutes. Amazing doesn't even cover it.
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 1 medium onion
- 1 small jalapeno, no seeds
- 1 small red bell pepper
- 1 small green bell pepper
- 1 small yellow bell pepper
- 1 cup kidney beans, cooked and drained
- 1 cup green beans, cooked and drained
- 1 cup black beans, cooked and drained
- 1 cup pinto beans, cooked and drained
- 1 cup corn, canned and drained or frozen
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tblspn lime juice
- 2 tblspn homemade taco seasoning, or one packet of Knorr taco seasoning
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- Cut chicken up into bitesized bits and pop into the insta pot on the saute setting until it's nice and browned.
- While that's going, slice the bell peppers and onion.
- Place chicken, jalapeno, onion and peppers into pot with the chicken broth, taco seasoning, lime juice and diced tomatoes.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes until chicken is cooked all the way through.
- Add beans and corn when the insta pot is done depressurizing.
- Serve in a bowl or on a tortilla.
2 thoughts on “Instant Pot Taco Stew”
Do you have a recipe for taco seasoning? Thanks!
I do! And it’s pretty good too! LOL!