(Inside: It goes like this: Que the steeldrum thing in the reggae music. These Instant Pot Chicken Jerk Tacos are seriously delicious–and straight off of the islands. Thank goodness they’re alllll mine!)
Ok. So, No. 1, this isn’t like REAL jerk chicken. That stuff is really hard to copy.
Essentially, this is the made-up/mostly-there that you get stateside.
Now that we have THAT out of the way, you know that I dig tacos.
Like, dig-them-so-much-I-kinda-wanna-marry-em-in-a-chapel-with-bells kinda thing.
These Instant Pot Chicken Jerk Tacos do not disappoint.
Even though they’re unique and decidedly different from your “typical” taco.
So, que the steel drum thing from that one reggae CD you have…uh, maybe I just dated myself.
But no, really, let’s get our island on.
I seriously couldn’t think of a combination more awesome than pineapple and onion and brown sugar and–mmmmm…these Instant Pot Chicken Jerk Tacos make dinner-in taste like there might be sand beneath your toes.
Does that even make sense?
Really, what thrilled me the most about making these Instant Pot Chicken Jerk Tacos was the speed with which I was able to place them on the table.
And the beer I set next to them.
So fast the beer didn’t even have time to warm–I cracked it open when I started putting the spices in the instant pot.
AND IT WAS STILL COLD WHEN I SAT DOWN TO THE TABLE.
That right there, friends? Pure joy.
Pin my Instant Pot Chicken Jerk Tacos if you’re wanting a little pure joy on your table–but aren’t standing in front of the fridge right this sec.
Heck, even if you’re making this right this instant, pin it. You know you want to.
Instant Pot Ultra 6 Qt 10-in-1 Multi- Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Yogurt Maker, Cake Maker, Egg Cooker, Sauté, Steamer, Warmer, and SterilizerGenuine Instant Pot Tempered Glass lid, Clear – 9 in. (23 cm) – 6 QuartGenuine Instant Pot Sealing Ring Clear, 5 or 6 QuartInstant Pot Accu SV800 Sous Vide Immersion Circulator (120V, 800W)
Instant Pot Chicken Jerk Tacos
Que the steeldrum thing in the reggae music. These Instant Pot Chicken Jerk Tacos are seriously delicious--and straight off of the islands. Thank goodness they're alllll mine!
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken tenders
- 1 small onion
- 1 small jalapeno
- 2 tblspn thyme
- 1 tblspn onion powder
- 1 tblspn red wine vinegar
- 1 tblspn brown sugar
- 1/2 tspn cloves
- 1/2 tspn nutmeg
- 1/2 tspn allspice
- 1 tblspn lime juice
- 1/4 bundle fresh cilantro
- 1 can crushed pineapple
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 8 corn tortillas
- Place chicken in the insta pot and utilize the setting for "saute" until the chicken is brown on all sides.
- Puree the jalapeno, thyme, onion powder, vinegar, sugar, cloves, nutmeg, allspice and lime juice until smooth.
- Put this pureed mixture and the diced tomatoes over the chicken and seal the instapot, cooking for 8-10 minutes until chicken is cooked thoroughly.
- While the chicken is cooking, chop onion and cilantro.
- Once you remove the chicken from the insta pot, coat it in the sauce, if any is remaining.
- Layer your goodies in the tortilla--a little chicken (with some of the diced tomato--I mean, yum!), some onion, pineapple, cilantro, and maybe even an additional squirt of lime for good luck.
- Enjoy, my friends, enjoy.