(Inside: Yeah, you read that right–it’s a recipe for One-Pan Chicken Meatball Tacos. Sounds like dinner plans have been made.)
So, a thing happened. And now a magical recipe has entered our monthly “rotation.”
Introducing: One-Pan Chicken Meatball Tacos.
You read that right.
Do I really need to say more?
Ok. Apparently, I do.
You see, this is how it happened: Toddler 1 begged for meatballs; all that was in the fridge was ground chicken; Toddler 2 wanted tacos; and dad wanted veggies.
What was a mom-chef to do?!
So, I rounded-up that chicken, got a tablespoon of my homemade taco seasoning together and whipped up a meal that everyone could enjoy.
Who would have thought that Chicken Meatball Tacos would make everyone at the table happy?!
And the pan-fried veggies–those were scrumptious.
The best part was the simple clean-up though.
One cutting board.
One spoon (ok, two because I put a second spoon in the vegan sour cream I found at the store–lucky me!).
So, the next time you have a houseful of people that all want something disparate and you’re short on ingredients, maybe Chicken Meatball Tacos are the anwswer for you, too.
Just pin it so you have it, just in case.
Or put it in your meal plan–because it’s yummy.
Old El Paso Original Taco Seasoning Mix, 1 ozTacoProper Taco Holder FiestaPak, Set of 12, Made in ChinaWomens Fitness Taco Funny Gym T Shirt Humorous Mexican Food Tee For Ladies (Dark Grey) – LKidsFunwares TriceraTACO Taco Holder – The Ultimate Prehistoric Taco Stand for Jurassic Taco Tuesdays and Dinosaur Parties – Holds 2 Tacos – The Perfect Gift for Kids and Kidults that Love DinosaursTaco Takeover Board Game
Chicken Meatball Tacos
Yeah, you read that right--it's a recipe for One-Pan Chicken Meatball Tacos. Sounds like dinner plans have been made.
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 large tomato
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 large onion
- random soy beans I had left over - about 1/3 cup
- random basil leaves I had - about 1/4 of a cup, loose
- 2 tblspn olive oil
- 1/2 tblspn homemade taco seasoning
- 6-8 tblspn vegan sour cream, for garnish (although I guess you can use regular sour cream)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6-8 flour tortillas
- Mix about 1/2 of the taco seasoning in with the ground beef.
- Make balls of the meat about the size to nicely fit in your fist. Like meatballs. Don't overcomplicate this.
- Heat oil in a large pan over high heat.
- When oil is hot, place meatballs in the pan, turning them about every 2 minutes until all 5 sides are browned.
- While the meatballs are searing, slice zucchini, onion, bell pepper, and set aside.
- When all 5 or 6 or 154 sides of the meatballs are seared (like just mostly the whole outside-ish--STOP OVERCOMPLICATING), put a lid over the pan and turn the heat down to medium.
- After about 10 minutes, scoot all the meatballs over to one side (there should be room, since they cooked down somewhat) and add the zucchini to the pan and sprinkle the remaining seasoning over the meatballs and the zucchini.
- After about 2-3 minutes, flip the zucchini, making sure to get all sides cooked (zucchini just isn't as yummy uncooked).
- When the chicken is cooked all the way through, your zucchini should be more than ready.
- Layer your zucchini, chicken meatballs and veggies in your tortillas, top with sour cream and ENJOY!