Ok, so I am in love with these cupcakes. Seriously, I love the spaghetti monster, but these cupcakes—THEY’RE Spaghetti Monster Cupcakes! How could I NOT love them. Because, you know–cupcakes. CUPCAKES. Ok, so I’ll stop now. I don’t even know what it is that amuses me so about Spaghetti Monsters at all…But seriously. Spaghetti Monster Cupcakes. And they’re watermelon-flavored, vegan, gluten-free (except for the Twizzlers–those have gluten–so you have to use these cherry twists–but that’s the ONLY thing) and adorable. What’s not to love?! LOL!
I don’t really know if this is even a Halloween cupcake, really. But the Spaghetti Monster Cupcakes are, well, a monster–so, yeah. But, regardless, I am making them for Halloween. Because Spaghetti Monster. LOL!
Although, let’s be honest, I am totally going to make the kids make them–which is, honestly, what I did this time, too. Nothing better than a cupcake someone else made. Heh.
My son really got into making the Spaghetti Monster Cupcakes with me–once I made one just to show him how easy it was going to be. Heh. So, I kinda had my own spaghetti monster-makin’ factory happening in my kitchen. Sweet. Heh.
But, the best part was the giggles. Seriously. My teen giggled. Heh.
What You Should have on Hand to Make Spaghetti Monster Cupcakes
Twizzlers Twist Pullnpeel Fruit Punch Candy, 12 Oz Bag, (Pack of 2), Grape, Cherry, Orange FlavorsWilton Candy Eyeballs,0.88 oz,Count of 56LorAnn Gourmet Liquid Flavoring WATERMELON – 1 DRAMA World of Deals Best Quality Standard Size White Cupcake Paper – Baking Cup – 1 Pack Cup Liners 500 PcsWilton Recipe Right Nonstick 12-Cup Regular Muffin Pan
Ok. So, go get your stuff and get ready to be amused, if the teen’s laughing is any indication. Because, apparently, as scary as the Spaghetti Monster Cupcakes should be, they’re hilarious. And be sure to pin it because, frankly, you’re going to want to make them again. Probably not at Halloween–because maybe they’re not just for the spooky-days. Heh.
Spaghetti Monster Cupcakes
- ¼ cup vegan Butter or Margarine, room temperature (I like Earth's Balance--but am open to suggestion if there's another brand you want to let me know about in the comments that works as well)
- ¾ cup granulated Sugar
- 3 tblspns aquafaba (bean juice)
- 1-1/4 cups gluten-free Flour mix...I used Bob's Red Mill
- 1-1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 1 tspn white Vinegar
- ½ cup Coconut Milk (just the cereal kind, not the canned kind)
- 1 tsp watermelon flavoring
- 5-10 drops pink food coloring (because watermelon! LOL!)
- 1 cup Coconut Cream (this is the stuff you scoop out of the can of coconut milk after it's been in the fridge over night. I found the cheaper the can of coconut milk, the more cream you'll get)
- ½ cup granulated Sugar
- 1 tsp watermelon flavoring
- Twizzlers Pull-N-Peel Fruit Punch OR, if you're going gluten-free, use Cherry Twists
- Candy Eyes...duh.
- Preheat oven to 350⁰.
- Place paper baking cups in 12 muffin tins.
- Cream the Butter or Margarine and gradually add Sugar.
- Add aquafaba and beat well. Set aside.
- Combine dry ingredients and stir.
- Add ⅓ of dry ingredient mixture to butter and sugar mixture, mix.
- Combine Coconut Milk, Vinegar, Food Coloring and Flavoring, and add ⅓ of milk and flavoring mixture to other mixture, mix well.
- Alternately add ⅓ of dry ingredients and ⅓ of milk and flavoring, mixing well between additions.
- Fill cupcake cups about ½ to ⅔ full.
- Bake for approximately 12 - 14 minutes.
- While that's baking, in a large mixing bowl, beat Coconut Cream on high until it begins to thicken.
- Add Sugar and Vanilla.
- Continue beating on high until the mixture becomes stiff and holds its shape.
- Place icing in the refrigerator until you're ready for it.
- Remove cupcakes from the oven and allow to cool for about 10 minutes.
- Sloppily ice the cupcakes.
- Pull apart your Twizzlers and not-so-delicately place them on top of the cupcakes--as many as you desire, there's no limit except an empty bag.
- Place a small dollop of icing on the back of two candy eyeballs and affix said eyeballs to each cupcake.
- Put the cupcakes in the refrigerator for as long as necessary until you're ready to devour them--BEFORE THEY DEVOUR YOU!!!! Oh, wait, they're spaghetti monsters, not zombies...huh. LOL!