Are you planning that fantastic dinner date night since you have kids like me where you stay in and watch movies? Well I have just the thing to pair with your steaks. Maybe your doing Chinese or chicken with vegetables. Either way I have the best Valentine’s Day ice cream you can serve up. This is great for a dinner date. It is also fantastic for Valentine’s fun for the entire family.
This ice cream is dairy free. It’s made with coconut milk. It must be made at least two days in advance. The coconut milk needs to sit overnight in the fridge in order for it to separate. Once it’s sat over night you can strain off the liquid. Just reserve all the white coconut goodness. A mixer like a Kitchen aid works best for this but even a handy old hand mixer can do the trick. It just might take a bit longer.
Then it’s just a freeze all day or overnight. I like to make it two days ahead just so I know it’s ready. I also just keep my coconut milk in the fridge because I buy it often for ice cream. Doesn’t hurt ya’ll to keep a can or two ready for ice cream.
CAN YOU BELIEVE IT’S DAIRY FREE:
Serves: 6 Servings
- 2 cans coconut milk; refrigerated overnight
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 4 drops pink food coloring (americolor)
- ⅓ cup conversation heart candies
- Open your coconut milk cans and scoop the thick cream part into a bowl, trying to get as little of the coconut water as possible. Discard coconut water.
- Add the powdered sugar. Mix on high 5 minutes with a stand mixer or hand mixer until it becomes stiff and fluffy. Add vanilla and food coloring. Mix for another 5 minutes until mixture resembles whipped topping.
- Line a baking loaf pan with parchment paper. Pour in some of the mixture then some candy hearts. Repeat process. Place in freezer overnight. Serve!