(Inside: Look, sometimes I need a little un-windy-mommy-timey, but need a quick-fix rather. This Mermaid Sugar Scrub is EXACTLY that. A quick-fix solution to my need for a little self-care and relaxation. Even if I only have a moment to use it in the 10 minute bath I can squeeze in.)
So, I’ve been feeling pretty stressed lately.
Not like “oh, there’s a mountain of bills to pay” or something simple to knock out like that.
No, I’ve been stressed because it’s the beginning of the school year and my little girls are, well, headed to school.
So now I have a whole new schedule to manage and a whole new set of worries.
Packed lunches? Water bottles? Mountains of paperwork? Yep.
Thank goodness I still have time for a little self-care.
And this little jar of Mermaid Sugar Scrub is my hero this week.
Soft skin? Rubbed muscles? 10 Minutes alone with a warm tub? Yeeeeah.
For real, I think I’m a little in love with the idea of doing a little sugar scrub every day this week.
My heels, my elbows, everything that feels “tough” is suddenly soft and reeeelaxed.
So, if you’re feeling a little frazzled this week, take a few minutes, run a bath and get your soft on with some Mermaid Sugar Scrub.
It literally takes like 2 mintues to make, so why not?!
Before you rush to the kitchen to gather your ingredients, take a second to pin this Mermaid Sugar Scrub though, that way you have it the next time your edges need a little softening.
Oh, and if you don’t believe how easy it is to make this Mermaid Sugar Scrub, check out the video–it’s a slideshow, showing the like 2 steps to make it. LOL!
If you dig this, but want a more cookie-ish experience, here’s a recipe for Cookie Dough Sugar Scrub I made a while ago…LOL!
Mermaid Sugar Scrub
Look, sometimes I need a little un-windy-mommy-timey, but need a quick-fix rather. This Mermaid Sugar Scrub is EXACTLY that. A quick-fix solution to my need for a little self-care and relaxation. Even if I only have a moment to use it in the 10 minute bath I can squeeze in.
- one cup of white sugar
- 1/4 cup cold pressed coconut oil
- blue food coloring
- optional: blue and/or purple sugar sprinkles
- optional: 5-7 drops of lavender essential oil
- Begin by mixing the coconut oil and white sugar together in a bowl. You can use a form to simply smash the ingredients together and create your scrub base.
- If your scrub us too runny, you can add more sugar. If you feel it is too dry, add in a dab of coconut oil until you get the consistency you want.
- Add in 2 drops of blue food coloring. This will give it a nice blue tint. Mix well.
- Colorful sugar sprinkles make this mermaid sugar scrub even more fun. Add in a pinch of blue or/and purple sugar sprinkles to liven it up.
- When you are done, you can always add a few drops of lavender essential oil to the mixture. This will help turn the mermaid sugar scrub into a calming, aromatherapy enriched experience.
- Store your mermaid sugar scrub in an air tight container for up to three days. Storing it in the refrigerator can help extend the life of the scrub as well.