(Inside: Look, us ladies gotta shave our legs–and using shaving cream is so boring. So much more fun to make some DIY Unicorn Body Butter and then slather it on. Then, your skin feels amazing, you’ve shaved your legs, and you’re magically delicious smelling. Win-Win-Win.)
Look, I am not complaining about the summer coming around–I’m excited about the warmer weather and the pools and the splash pads and all the outdoor fun we’ll have.
What I am not excited about is shaving my legs.
But, friends, that is a necessary evil, if there ever was one.
Mostly, I hate the shaving cream application of icky chemicals on my legs and then them feeling dry and kind of weird after the whole shaving thing.
So, I came up with a solution: DIY Unicorn Body Butter.
Ridiculously creamy, slick and smooth for shaving.
AND it leaves my legs feeling this ridiculously amazingly soft and all sorts of moisturized.
You guys, this DIY Unicorn Body Butter is like a magical experience for your legs without all that chemical mess.
Unicorn Body Butter–Made by You!
What You Need to Make Your DIY Unicorn Body Butter
- ½ c. Shea butter
- ¼ c. Coconut oil
- ¼ c. Fractionated coconut oil
- Mica powder coloring in blue, green, yellow, pink and purple
- 15 drops Ylang Ylang essential oil
- 15 drops Orange essential oil
- 15 drops Lemon essential oil
Shea Butter – 32 Oz. – 2 lbs – Organic – Premium Unrefined – In resealable HDPE JarNature’s Way Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil- Pure, Cold-pressed, Organic, Non-GMO, Gluten-free- 32 OunceHealing Solutions Fractionated Coconut Oil – 16oz BottleMica Powder for Bath Bombs – Soap Dye for Soap Coloring – Soap Making Colorants Set – 0.1 oz 36 bags – Candle Making – Blush – Eye Shadow – Craft Projects – Nail Art – Resin JewelryArtizen Aromatherapy Top 14 Essential Oil Set (100% PURE & NATURAL) Therapeutic Grade Essential Oils – All of Our Most Popular Scents and Best Essential Oil Blends
How to Make Your DIY Unicorn Body Butter
- Begin by placing the shea butter into a metal mixing bowl or small pot.
- Add ¼ cup of coconut oil to the bowl or pot.
- Pour in ¼ cup of the fractionated coconut oil to the bowl or pot. You can substitute this oil with another of your choosing such as sweet almond, jojoba, etc.
- Place the metal mixing bowl or small pot into a double boiler on the stove top over medium heat, and cook until the mixture has melted completely.
- Remove the mixture from the heat, and add in 15 drops of Ylang Ylang essential oil, pour in 15 drops of orange essential oil and mix in 15 drops of lemon essential oil.
- Stir the mixture well, and place it into the fridge to set.
- After 15 minutes, check your mixture. You want it to reach a point where the mixture is opaque, with a semi-solid surface.
- If it is not ready, place it back into the fridge and check it every 5-10 minutes. Alternatively, you can leave it out on a counter to let the process happen at room temperature as well.
- When your mixture has reached the right consistency, use a stand mixer to beat it on high until it forms stiff peaks. This can happen quickly, or it can take up to 10 minutes. If it does not whip into stiff peaks, then you did not let it set long enough before trying to mix it.
- Once the mixture has been whipped, separate it into several small bowls.
- Pour a little of the different colored mica powders into each bowl, and stir well to combine, until you get your desired colors.
- Layer the different colors of whipped body butter into a pastry bag or other icing tool, and pipe it into your containers.
- Store your body butter at a cool room temperature or in the fridge until ready to use.
Want a little photo tutorial for making your DIY Unicorn Body Butter? Good. Because I made one.
Now, pin this recipe for DIY Unicorn Body Butter so you can totally make it again the next time you need to shave your legs.