(Inside: So, you’re facing a school Halloween party? Yeah, me too. But we’re ready, because we’re making some easy Ghost Strawberries for our school Halloween party. Yep. I’m making 50 of these–but they’re so simple, it’s no big deal at all.)
Look. I have school parties to attend and I don’t have time to make the absolutely-most-cutest-thing on the planet-for-900-kids-that-won’t-appreciate-it-anyway.
Yeah, I’ve already hit that “lazy wall” for parties at school.
Can you blame me?
I have to make so many snacks it’s not even funny.
So, I’m making these ridiculously easy Ghost Strawberries.
I had 10 of these done in less than 15 minutes.
And I could have done more in almost the same amount of time, if I’d had more strawberries.
Good thing the party is next week–I still have time to get the other 40 done. LOL!
For real, these Ghost Strawberries are some of the easiest treats I think I’ve made in a long time.
And the bonus: I was able to let my oldest kiddo help me out.
She had a blast putting the eyes on a few of these (even if they were half-covered in black gel icing when she was done, who am I to judge?!).
And, they were fun to snack on immediately afterward–I mean, this was our “test run,” right?!
If you’re making as many of these Ghost Strawberries as I’m planning to for your kiddos’ parties, check out this deal on this 4-pack of White Candy Melts.
You’re gonna need ’em.
Alright, so you have this idea to come back to next year, go ahead and pin these Ghost Strawberries…you know you vant to…
Oh, and here’s an adorable slideshow video to show you how to make them–because it’s silly simple.
So, you're facing a school Halloween party? Yeah, me too. But we're ready, because we're making some easy Ghost Strawberries for our school Halloween party. Yep. I'm making 50 of these--but they're so simple, it's no big deal at all.
- 1 cup of Wilton white candy melts
- 10 large strawberries
- Black gel icing
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a microwave safe bowl, microwave the white candy melts for 45 seconds.
- Remove from the microwave and stir until completely melted and smooth.
- Dip each strawberry into the white candy melts, making sure it's completely coated.
- Set on parchment paper and place in the refrigerator for 10 minutes in order to allow the melts to harden.
- Remove strawberries from the refrigerator, then using the black gel icing, pipe on 2 eyes and a circle for a mouth.