I can’t tell you how many times I’ve eaten quesadillas in my life. They’re an easy, go-to meal that I can use-up my leftovers from making fajitas or even tacos. And they’re so versatile, you can make a batch the night before, then pop them in the fridge and take them to work for lunch the next day–just warm them in the microwave kind of a thing. So, it’s almost one of those “frequent flier” recipes in our house. LOL! So, without further ado (ok, maybe just a little more), this is my Easy Chicken Quesadillas–the recipe from which I modify almost every other quesadilla recipe I make…heh.
You see that cheesy gooey-ness there? That’s fresh off the grill-griddle-thing…I like the grill marks–even though it’s like a griddle. Whatever floats your boat, right? Because, you’re the one eating the Easy Chicken Quesadillas. So you can cook them however you want.
That’s something my mom used to always say to me. Well, she actually said: “Unless you’re cooking it, you can’t have it your way.” But, same thing, right? And so what if she was sing-songing a little there?! She was just teaching a valuable lesson: if you want it cooked your way, do it yourself. LOL!
Other mom-isms when she was making some Easy Chicken Quesadillas for the fam?
- Run your face through this. (as she waves her hand side to side in a slapping motion in front of me)
- Raise your eyebrows if you’re joking.
- You want to talk to me on the phone–it’s your nickel.
I’m still not sure I understand half of these, but whatever. LOL!
So, are you ready for this Easy Chicken Quesadillas goodness? If not, you just feel free to go ahead and pin this puppy and then share it to Facebook so your friends can make it next time you’re headed over. They make a great appetizer. Just let your friends know that’s what you’re expecting. Heh.
Easy Chicken Quesadillas
So, are you ready for this Easy Chicken Quesadillas goodness?
- 8 Flour Tortillas
- 4 fresh, or frozen and thawed Chicken Breast halves
- 8 oz. fresh White Mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 pound Monterrey Jack or Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 1 small Onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil, divided
- 1 Bell Pepper, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Place 1/4 cup Olive Oil in a large skillet, over medium heat.
- Wash and dry the Chicken Breast halves, season with Garlic, Salt, and Pepper. Place in warm skillet.
- Cook over medium heat for approximately 3-5 minutes on each side, or until cooked through. Remove from skillet and place on plate covered with paper towel to drain.
- While the chicken is cooking, prepare the Mushrooms, Onion, and Bell Pepper. Place these into the skillet you cooked the chicken in. Drizzle with Olive Oil. Stir and cook over medium heat until veggies are tender.
- Move chicken to cutting board and cut into bite-sized pieces (about 1 inch cubes).
- Move Mushroom, Onion, Bell Pepper mixture to the paper towel to drain.
- Using another skillet, or griddle, place one Flour Tortilla on the warm pan. Using tongs, lift up one side of the Tortilla and pour a small amount of Olive Oil under the tortilla
- Lay the tortilla down and spoon 1/8 of the cooked and cubed chicken over half of the tortilla.
- Add 1/8 of the cooked veggies, and 1/8 of the shredded cheese.
- Fold the tortilla over the chicken and veggies.
- Using a spatula, move the quesadilla to a plate.
- Cut in half before serving.
- If you'd like to have those cool grill marks, cook your quesadillas on the grill, using a quesadilla basket.