This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
The following content is intended for readers who are 21 or older.
I don’t know if you’ve heard about it (I can’t keep from snickering as I type that), but there’s this “new” game out? Yeah–Pokemon something or other? Yeah, well, I thought it would be cute if I brought a little of those monsters/creatures/whatever-you-want-to-call-them inside and leashed them to a wine glass to protect my Woodbridge by Robert Mondavi Pinot Noir. Seriously, y’all, these Easy DIY Pokemon Wine Glass Charms are so stinkin’ cute. You’re gonna want to catch ’em all. Heh.
It’s not that you just need adorable charms for like your every day (but you do, FYI), but when these little guys come in hand is when you’re at that awesome block party with your neighbors or that fun backyard BBQ with your friends. You set down your un-charmed wine glass one time–ONE TIME–and you’ll see the benefit of a charm. Seriously. Keep those wine glasses “labeled”–that’s my motto! LOL!
What You Need to Make Your Pokemon Wine Glass Charms
- Tiny Pokemon Figurines (Please, y’all, you didn’t think we were MAKING those, were you? Nope.)
- 3 Metallic Permanent Markers
- 1 Black Permanent Marker
- Copper Wire (I used 20 gauge, but you could do with less or more)
- 4 Wine Glasses
- Woodbridge by Robert Mondavi Pinot Noir or Chardonnay (because, HELLO!, what fun are the charms without the WINE?!)
- A few friends for good times (and to show these super-cute charms off to, heh)
And while you’re making your shopping list, check out Woodbridge by Robert Mondavi’s Simple Entertaining Social Hub in case they’ve got other fun ideas you need to pick up supplies for at the same time. Heh.
You just want your party with your friends to be the most fun it can be, right?!
How to Put Together Your Pokemon Wine Glass Charms
For those of you who would run with scissors, here’s your photo tutorial, simple as it is.
Oh, you don’t run with scissors? That’s ok. Me neither. So, here’s a wordy-word tutorial for you!
- Color each of your Pokemon figurines a different metallic permanent marker or black marker.
- Allow to dry completely (maybe 5 mintues? if that).
- Cut 4 6-8-inch pieces of copper wire.
- Tightly wrap one end of each piece of copper wire to each figurine (strategically placed somewhere that the wire won’t slip off). You may want to mush/mash/smash/smoosh the wire to make it a little tighter around the figurine’s tiny appendage.
- Loosely wrap the other end of each wire around the stem of a wine glass. You will want to remove these from the wine glass prior to washing.
- Pour your Woodbridge by Robert Mondavi Pinot Noir and enjoy that tiny Pokemon keeping others from taking your vino! LOL! I mean, what kind of party would it be without a little battle for gym-dominance?!
I’m sure you love this idea–but aren’t sitting there with markers ready to go…so pin it and you can make these cuties, later, yeah? Just do it before your next shindig. Got me? LOL!
And, while you’re picking up the stuff to make your Easy DIY Pokemon Wine Glass Charms and get your party started–remember to get your Woodbridge by Robert Mondavi Pinot Noir or Cabernet. And be sure to check out their Simple Entertaining Social Hub where you can find all sorts of, well, simple, but fun, entertaining ideas!