This is a traditional way to use up that left over Turkey in our family, and most of us can’t wait for the “eating of the leftovers” to begin.
We enjoy a couple of different leftover turkey dishes, but, when we get down to tidbits and pieces, we make these irresistible Bacon-Wrapped Turkey and Mushroom Poppers.
It’s easy to prepare, delicious, and fun, they disappear in a heartbeat (you might want to double this recipe)!
I just know your family will enjoy these delicious treats as much as my family does.
We’re pretty sure we’re going to make a full Thanksgiving turkey dinner every couple of months, just so we’ll have leftover turkey to make Bacon-Wrapped Turkey and Mushroom Poppers from.
Just kidding–not really.
My daughter, though, she’s a ranch-dunker all the way.
Even my son-in-law does this thing where he makes his own “super spicy” mustard by adding a ton of horseradish–anyway, he drizzles that mustard all over and I stole one last week…they were pretty good.
So, you can rest assured that these little poppers are pretty much amazing with any sauce you choose.
Now, if we weren’t such crazy non-dairy folk, we’d probably add a big slice of provolone cheese on top of the turkey and THEN wrap the bacon around.
But we’re not, so we don’t. You can do whatever you want, though.
You could even put that provolone in there, then sprinkle with feta, just for some zip–but we won’t be doing that at our house…too many allergies here.
Regardless of how you dress it up, though, these puppies will be gone quickly, so you might want to have a main course waiting in the wings…LOL!
Oh, and don’t forget to pin this post so you can come back and make these bacon-wrapped turkey and mushroom poppers any time you want!
Bacon-Wrapped Turkey and Mushroom Poppers
- 12 strips Bacon (thick or thin sliced)
- 12 bite-sized chunks of leftover Turkey (fully cooked)
- 12 medium-sized Mushrooms
- 12 drops Worcestershire Sauce
- 12 Toothpicks
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place bacon in a large skillet, over medium heat and render the fat from the bacon. Do NOT let the bacon brown! Remove from skillet and place on paper towel to drain and cool.
- Wash mushrooms and remove stems and gills. Place on a paper towel to dry.
- Prepare turkey chunks (bite-size).
- Turn mushrooms cap-side down and place a turkey chunk in each mushroom.
- Put one drop of Worcestershire Sauce on each chunk of turkey.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Wrap each turkey/mushroom combination with one strip of bacon, secure with a toothpick.
- Place on a cookie sheet and bake for approximately 10 minutes, or until bacon is crisp.