Alright. Here’s the thing, my friends, I’m in love with cookies this week. I’m not really sure why. Maybe there’s some kind of switch flipped in my brain or something that will shut off in a day or two (and no, it’s not that time of the month). Maybe I’m just missing some kind of cookie-vitamin in my life. But, whatever–cookie-mineral deficiency or not–I believe I have found the cookie that beats all other cookies in it’s awesomeness. Vegan and Gluten-Free Caramel Cookies. Yeah. Just like that.
It’s that moment when you open the oven and that smell hits you full…you’ve been smelling them a little for about 15 minutes…but then it’s all Caramel Cookies just up in your face. It’s amazing. Like, “please put it on a plate now, because I have to have it”.
These cookies. They are the best. Seriously. Gooey center. Crispy crust. Perfection in a bite-sized package. Isn’t that what a cookie is supposed to be?
Isn’t there some old wives tale that Caramel Cookies are the end-all-be-all of cookies and can always turn a frown upside down? No? Well, I’m sure it will become some tale to tale someday.
I guess, summed-up, I’ll take these Caramel Cookies over chocolate chip cookies any day. Heh.
Last weekend, when I made them, it was after a long, hard day that, well, was kind of the worst in a really, really long time. These cookies were the best thing ever. I don’t know why baking makes me feel a little better, but the smell of the cookies–there’s something about that. Just makes the day better. Especially a crappy, poopy day. Heh.
So, if you love the recipe for these Vegan and Gluten-Free Caramel Cookies, be sure to pin it–so you can come back later and make them…or if you’re making them RIGHT NOW (recommended), you should totally pin it anyway…so you can make them again…mmmm…
Vegan and Gluten-Free Caramel Cookies
I believe I have found the cookie that beats all other cookies in it's awesomeness. Vegan and Gluten-Free Caramel Cookies. Yeah. Just like that.
- 2¼ cup gluten-free, dairy-free flour (like Bob's Redmill all-purpose)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tspn baking soda
- ½ tspn salt
- ¾ cup melted coconut oil
- ½ cup plain apple sauce
- 1 cup, dairy-free caramel sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all wet ingredients.
- In a second mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- Add dry ingredients to wet in ⅓ increments.
- Mix well.
- Roll ½-inch diameter balls and place 2-inches apart on the cookie sheet. Mash them down in the center with a tablespoon measure.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, removing them JUST BEFORE they start to brown on the edges.
- Allow to cool for at least 5 minutes.
- Spoon a tablespoon of caramel sauce into the divot of each cookie.
- And begin to enjoy IMMEDIATELY! LOL!