Inside: I’m so tired of this cold weather! It’s back-and-forth and I just want to be warm. Thank goodness this Vegan Hot Chocolate ( Dairy-Free Hot Cocoa ) warms me up!
First, let me say that I love where I live. I feel super lucky to be in Texas and get a little winter every year, but not a lot.
Because, I basically hate winter.
The only bright spot to being cold all the time and never feeling comfy is that Vegan Hot Chocolate ( Dairy-Free Hot Cocoa ) keeps me warm.
Because, yeah, I’m cold!
I stumbled on this recipe when my youngest wanted a hot cocoa, but she’s allergic to dairy, of course, so I couldn’t just grab a packet off the shelf and serve it to her.
So, I thought back to what my mom used to do when we were out of hot cocoa mix when I was a kid.
Pacing through that, I was able to figure out how to make Vegan Hot Chocolate ( Dairy-Free Hot Cocoa ) for my kiddo, and it’s actually REALLY easy.
And creamier than the packet.
Now, this recipe only makes 6 servings, so if you’re making this today and saving some, that’s fine, but if you run out of Vegan Hot Chocolate ( Dairy-Free Hot Cocoa ), you’re going to want more.
So, be sure to pin this post, that way you can find it again when the cold just won’t leave your bones…
Vegan Hot Chocolate ( Dairy-Free Hot Cocoa )
I'm so tired of this cold weather! It's back-and-forth and I just want to be warm. Thank goodness this Vegan Hot Chocolate ( Dairy-Free Hot Cocoa ) warms me up!
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 tspn cinnamon
- 1/2 tspn vanilla extract
- 6 cups coconut milk (from the box, like you would use on cereal)
- 12 jumbo marshmallows
- In a small bowl, combine cocoa powder, sugar and cinnamon. Use a fork to do this and, if you're using older cocoa powder, be sure to break up as much of the clumps as possible.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the coconut milk and vanilla extract.
- Take one tablespoon of the milk mixture and combine place in the cocoa mixture.
- Mix this into a paste, do not add additional liquid until no more cocoa mixture can be absorbed by the milk mixture.
- Add additional milk mixture in tablespoon amounts, stirring between, until the cocoa powder mixture is completely liquidy.
- Add cocoa powder mixture to the milk mixture in it's entirety.
- Place in the microwave for 2-3 minutes, depending on how hot you like your hot cocoa.
- Separate into mugs and top with 2 jumbo marshmallows each then serve!