Inside: There’s nothing better than sinking into a big, hot bath with the sweet, soft scent of marshmallows swirling around you. These Marshmallow Bath Bombs soooo do it for me.
Yeah, I know what you’re saying: Marshmallow Bath Bombs? But, I’m totally serious.
Like, if you have a favorite scent, something that just really sticks with you, mine would be a tie between cotton candy and marshmallow.
Some people might like cookie dough, but I’m all about marshmallow lately.
Just smells like home.
And then you add into the mix the fun, fizzy silliness of just bath bombs in general and I just can’t get over these Lush-Inspired Marshmallow Bath Bombs.
They’re pure perfection.
And they’re not even that hard to make. I mean, check out this quick slideshow video I made of making the bombs…so freaking simple!
So, here’s what you’re going to need to make these amazing Marshmallow Bath Bombs that you might not have just laying around the house:
- Citric Acid (buy it in bulk or on Amazon to get a better price)
- Polysorbate 80 – This helps distribute the coconut oil evenly through the bath bombs and keeps the color from sticking to the sides of your tub, so you really want it.
- Marshmallow Fragrance Oil
- White Cosmetic Glitter
- Marshmallow Bits
- White Pearl Mica Powder
- Bath Bomb Mold
But, don’t let this list intimidate you! These Marshmallow Bath Bombs are actually REALLY easy.
And, don’t forget to pin these Marshmallow Bath Bombs so that you can make them again, when this batch runs out.
Because you’re going to want to…trust me.
Marshmallow Bath Bombs
There's nothing better than sinking into a big, hot bath with the sweet, soft scent of marshmallows swirling around you. These Marshmallow Bath Bombs soooo do it for me.
- 2 cups baking soda
- 1/2 cup citric acid
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup SLSA
- 3 tablespoons coconut or castor oil
- 1 tablespoon polysorbate 80
- Marshmallow scent
- White Pearl mica powder
- White cosmetic glitter
- *Colored Mini Dehydrated Marshmallow Bits
- Spray bottle filled with rubbing alcohol
- 1 large mixing bowl
- Bath bomb molds, I got mine on Amazon or silicone molds
- In a large mixing bowl, add baking soda, citric acid, cornstarch, and the SLSA.
- Add the white pearl mica and white cosmetic glitter.
- Add coconut oil and the polysorbate 80. The poly 80 helps the coconut oil disperse more evenly in your bath water and prevents the mica from sticking to the side of the tub.
- Add the marshmallow scent.
- Mix all the ingredients together. I use my hands to break down any lumps and make sure everything is nicely mixed in.
- Because the marshmallows can get sticky, I dredged them in a bit of glitter before adding them to the bath bomb mold. It also makes the marshmallows nice and sparkly!
- Take a bath bomb mold and add a few marshmallow bits and carefully sprinkle a bit of mixture to cover the marshmallows. Then you can fill the mold the rest of the way. Fill other bomb to the top with the red.
- Press both sides together, using a twisting/grinding motion to get rid of any excess mixture. Gently tap each side and carefully remove the bomb
- Leave molds to harden 24-48 hours. Store in an airtight container until ready to use. Drop one in the bath when ready to use!
*For me, this recipe made 3 large, 2 medium and 3 small bath bombs. Results will vary with the size molds you make. Measurements (diameters=inches and weight=ounces) of each mold: Small: 1.77 inch and bomb 2.1 oz Medium: 2.17 inch and 3.8 oz Large: 2.56 inch and 6.2 oz