Oh, how I love a good donut. But, with our dietary restrictions, coming by one that’s good–not always easy. So I made these Vegan Chocolate Cake Donuts that are so flavorful and fun, it’s better than hitting the donut store!
And, who wants to get out in the car in your jammies on Saturday morning, anyway.
It’s so much better to make these Vegan Chocolate Cake Donuts at home and then you don’t have to feel bad about flashing your Grinch pajama bottoms at the world.
Now, I’m not some kind of crazy about chocolate donuts.
I mean, I love donuts, but I won’t pick chocolate first.
It’s just not in my nature.
But, when the kids asked for Vegan Chocolate Cake Donuts, how could I refuse?!
And, they were actually really simple.
Check out this quick video I made of how to make them and you’ll see just how simple they were! LOL!
[adthrive-in-post-video-player video-id=”jfbbtXNh” upload-date=”2019-04-16T15:00:00.000Z” name=”Vegan Chocolate Cake Donuts” description=”Simple, homemade donuts based on a vegan chocolate cake recipe. I combine flour, water, and baking soda with Hershey’s cocoa powder and vanilla extract. I then cook the batter in a mini-donut maker and dip in melted EnjoyLife chocolate chips, followed by liberal sprinkling of non-parelis sprinkles.”]
So, basically, I get to have these awesome Vegan Chocolate Cake Donuts anytime I want.
Because they’re so fast to put together, they make a convenient snack or even dessert after diner.
Not that I would do that…er…maybe…
But, I mean, so what if these Vegan Chocolate Cake Donuts are becoming my new favorite dessert?
What, are you going to judge me?
Because you’re here looking at them, too, Janice. LMAO!
Ok, so, you’re really loving these Vegan Chocolate Cake Donuts but you’re all out of the tasty EnjoyLife chocolate chips?
Just pin this recipe to your favorite vegan breakfast ideas board so that you can find it again when your chocolate chips get there.
Vegan Chocolate Cake Donuts
Oh, how I love a good donut. But, with our dietary restrictions, coming by one that's good--not always easy. So I made these Vegan Chocolate Cake Donuts that are so flavorful and fun, it's better than hitting the donut store!
- 2 cups baking mix, I used Bisquick
- 1 ½ cups coconut milk
- ¼ cup cocoa powder, I used Hershey’s
- 1 cup vegan chocolate morsels, I used Enjoy Life
- Additional non-pareils sprinkles, as desired
- Preheat mini-donut maker (you can also cook in a donut pan at 350-degrees).
- With a hand mixer, combine the baking mix and coconut milk. This should be liquidy like pancake batter--not thick like biscuit dough. If it’s too thick, add a little more coconut milk. If too thin, add a little baking mix.
- Add the cocoa powder and mix with the hand mixer until the color is consistently brown throughout.
- Spoon into your mini-donut maker or donut pan. If baking, place in the oven for 8 minutes or until browned.
- Remove from the donut maker when slightly browned and the donut maker opens without tearing the donuts. Set aside to cool to the touch.
- Heat the chocolate morsels in the microwave for 1 minute, then stir until smooth.
- Dip donuts into the chocolate and immediately sprinkle on the non-pareils, as desired.