I love puppy chow. I’ve written whole odes to it. And I think I might again. Seriously. It’s magical. All that chocolate and peanut butter and sugar. Oh, the sugar. Love it so very much. I could have named my blog “sugarnut.com” and still been very true to myself, I love sugar so much. But, the focus here is on Vegan and Nut Free Puppy Chow Ice Cream. Because, dear friends, Puppy Chow + Ice Cream = The Most Awesomest Party in Your Mouth EVER.
What gets me is the Vegan and Nut Free Puppy Chow Ice Cream really does taste like muddy buddies. And, although you could totally top it with Chex, it’s really not necessary. Just don’t try to include the Chex in the ice cream mixture–they’ll be soggy. Which is no fun.
My daughters couldn’t get enough. We were sharing this bowl (which I thought was MORE than plenty for the three of us), however, that was clearly a mistake. They were insistent that they get the lion’s share and I was not fast enough with the spoon. Lots of “Hey, my bite!” and “Ehhhh!”. Just general upsettedness.
But it wasn’t the Vegan and Nut Free Puppy Chow Ice Cream causing the upsettedness. Oh no. It was mommy and her slow-assedness. Heh. So. Be prepared, when you make, ok. Your mommy-ness needs to move fast. Just FYI.
But, you really can’t blame the kids, right? Because you can see in the pictures–all that creamy vanilla goodness and those layers of chocoate and peanutbutter ice cream. I mean, I would have been fussy, too, had someone not been spooning it into my mouth–quickly.
So, enjoy your Vegan and Nut Free Puppy Chow Ice Cream. Or, if you’re not going to make it RIGHT NOW (which is what I honestly recommend, because–well, it’s awesome), then be sure to pin it. And share it on Facebook, because you want to make sure your friends have this at their how use when you visit. Heh.
Vegan and Nut Free Puppy Chow Ice Cream
The focus here is on Vegan and Nut Free Puppy Chow Ice Cream. Because, dear friends, Puppy Chow + Ice Cream = The Most Awesomest Party in Your Mouth EVER.
- 4 cans coconut milk, refrigerated overnight
- 2 cup powdered sugar
- ½ tspn vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sunbutter, I guess you could use peanut butter, but then it won't be nut-free
- 1/8 cup cocoa powder
- Open your coconut milk cans and scoop the thick cream part into a bowl, trying to get as little of the coconut water as possible. Discard coconut water or just set aside for chugging later, whatever.
- Add the powdered sugar and vanilla.
- Mix on high 2-3 minutes with a hand mixer until it becomes stiff and fluffy.
- Split the mixture into 1/2, 1/4 and 1/4.
- In one 1/4 portion, add the sunbutter and stir until thoroughly combined.
- In the remaining 1/4 portion, add the cocoa powder and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Spoon the majority of the vanilla flavored mixture into a bowl you can freeze this in.
- Drop the sunbutter flavored and chocolate flavored mixtures on top in clumps, then kind of stir it a little--but more just touch it and mush it around.
- Cover with the remaining vanilla mixture and smooth it all together.
- Then, place it in the freezer for 2-4 hours--but not too long, because this is so awesome, you don't want to wait.
- Remove from freezer and begin shoveling!