(Inside: Cheap supplies? Check. Tasty results? Check. A unicorn your kid can call their own? Priceless. Ok. Really, it’s like $5. But still, that smile. These Unicorn Pudding Cups are astoundingly simple, fun to put together and cheap. What’s not to love?!)
Nothing I like better than stumbling upon a craft with a very affordable supplies list, edible results and a horn.
Just the epitome of awesome, right?
In all seriousness, a cheap craft really is awesome–and I can’t wait to stick the ones I made into the kiddo’s lunchbox…smile-central right there.
And, she can make it with me, if she wants, the craft is simple enough, and I got everything at the dollar store–so, really, if she messes it up…no sweat, right?!
What You Need to Make Your Unicorn Pudding Cups
- Pudding Cups
- Black Sharpie
- Package of Paper Flowers (Any flowers will work, but we went with paper.)
- Metallic Birthday Hats
How to Make Your Unicorn Pudding Cups
- Take your metallic birthday hats out of the packaging. You can use any color metallic birthday hats you choose to create your your metallic unicorn horns, but we decided to stick with traditional gold and silver.
- Carefully cut the hats in half.
- Take a metallic birthday hat and wrap it around your pinky really tight to create a tightly-wound unicorn horn.
- Glue the edge together with your glue. Set aside to dry.
- Once dried, glue your horn on the bottom of your pudding cup.
- Stick/glue your flowers onto the pudding cup.
- Draw your unicorn eyes and eyelashes on your pudding cup. I recommend practicing on a blank piece of paper to prefect your technique before drawing on the actual Unicorn Pudding Cups since markers are permanent. You only get one shot…sooo…
- Next, glue the rhinestones onto the edge of your Unicorn Pudding Cups to glam your pudding cups up. No sense in having a unicorn that’s not glamorous.
Need some photo-directions? I got you…
Now, before you decide to dash off and make these wondrous little lunchbox smile-instigators, get your pin on so you’ve got it the next time your kiddo needs a little unicorn action.