(Inside: Come see how kid friendly arts and crafts meet super fun food choices in a crazy colorful way with dyed unicorn noodles!)
These Unicorn Noodles are just way too much fun.
Sunshine, unicorns, and noodles. I mean it can’t get any better than that can it?
This project is edible and it is simple to make even with the kiddos. Just make sure you have those littles in old clothing. Food coloring stains 😉
It is also affordable. You probably have the supplies already laying around the pantry!
You may not have the same food coloring we used tossed off in your cabinet or pantry but just about any will work.
If you’re looking to get the same colors we did here you are going to need some Americolor food coloring.
You can use the normal neon color food coloring too. However, it does take about double the food coloring to get the colors.
You can boil the noodles for soft play and top them with any sauce you’d like.
You can also leave them uncooked for older kids and use them for crafts.
What you Need to Make DIY Unicorn Noodles
- 1 lb bag elbow noodles
- pink food coloring
- yellow food coloring
- turquoise coloring
- purple coloring
- 4 bowls
- 4 spoons
How to Make DIY Unicorn Noodles
- Boil the noodles as directed on package.
- Place noodles into each bowl.
- Place two drops of food coloring per bowl. Mix well with spoons.
- (For crafts you can also just leave noodles hard for a slightly different look, or boil and dye them as directed, then pour onto a baking sheet and let dry.)
- For edible fun just top with spaghetti sauce, fettuccine, butter, or nothing at all depending on what floats your boat!
What do you guys think? Will this be making it onto your list of “gotta try this” crafts??
ITEMS TO MAKE UNICORN NOODLES