(Inside: Snack time needs be boring no more! Gimme about 5 minutes and you’ll have an epic Unicorn Candy Popcorn to make the kids giggle and bring their afternoon snack into the “fun” zone.)
It’s like clockwork.
You get to the middle of the day, about 2 hours before dinnertime, but at least 2 hours past lunchtime and the kids are doing the most annoying thing ever: standing in front of the pantry looking for a snack–and whining that there’s “nothing to eat here.”
How full of IT are they?!
There’s plenty of food.
But it’s ok.
You can whip-up some simple Unicorn Candy Popcorn and turn their frowns upside down (because, yeah, I am that weirdo that says that to my kids).
And, literally, in about the amount of time it takes to literally slap together a couple of ingredients, you’re kids are digging into Unicorn Candy Popcorn–and there’s no more effing whining.
That’s a sound a mom likes to hear.
Alright, so this is on you.
You need to pin this yummy snack-cipe for Unicorn Candy Popcorn so that you have the reminder the next time your kiddos are all “blah, snacks are booooring…”.
Unicorn Candy Popcorn
Snack time needs be boring no more! Gimme about 5 minutes and you'll have an epic Unicorn Candy Popcorn to make the kids giggle and bring their afternoon snack into the "fun" zone.
- 4 C. microwave popcorn
- 12 oz Wilton Bright Pink candy melts
- 12 oz Wilton Teal candy melts
- Wilton multi-colored non-pareils
- Wilton Unicorn Icing decorations, I found mine in the Wilton aisle at Walmart, I'm not seeing them online at Amazon yet. Hopefully soon!!
- Bright multi-colored Sixlet candies
- Parchment paper
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the popcorn out onto the baking sheet.
- Pour the bright pink candy melts into a microwaveable safe dish. Heat in 30 second increments, stirring until melted. Let cool a few minutes and using a large spoon to drizzle over the popcorn.
- Sprinkle multi-colored non-pareils over the popcorn and melted chocolate.
- Repeat step #2 with the teal candy candy melts. Sprinkle with more non-pareils.
- Add the Unicorn Icing decorations.
- Let the popcorn sit and allow the melted chocolate to harden.
- Once the popcorn has set, store in an airtight container.