(Inside: A quick and easy way to make one of my favorite restaurant treats: The Simple Taco Salad. I’m seriously in love with this recipe–might have to snag another one.)
So, the end of the day comes and I want nothing more than to head to my favorite restaurant and order up one of my favorite meals–the taco salad.
But, alas, I am lazy and too tired to even hit the streets to go to a restaurant.
What. Is. A. Girl. TO DO?!
Make one her dang-self, that’s what.
Seriously, it’s so much more simple to make myself a Simple Taco Salad at home than it is to load up the kids and drive over to the Tex-Mex place-of-choice for the evening.
Then unload the kids.
Somehow get us inside without anyone getting run over in the parking lot.
Get sat at a table–and not lose anyone.
AND WE STILL HAVEN’T EVEN ORDERED.
Just stop. I seriously can’t go any further. This isn’t happening.
I’m just staying home and making a Taco Salad for my dern self.
It’ll take less time and a bajillionty times less stress.
If you’re tired of all that jazz, too, feel free to make yourself a Simple Taco Salad.
And pin it–because you know that night is coming where you’d like to not go out too…
Simple Taco Salad
This is a quick and easy way to make one of my favorite restaurant treats, the Taco Salad! I'm seriously in love with this recipe--I might have to eat one more.
- 1 lbs ground beef
- 1 tbsp homemade taco seasoning
- 1 small onion
- 1 romain lettuce heart
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (I use dairy-free diaya cheese)
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (I use diary-free diaya cheese)
- 1 can black beans
- 4 tortilla shell bowls
- In a pan over medium heat, add ground beef and homemade taco seasoning.
- While that's cooking, chop onion and immediately add it to the pan.
- While that's still cooking, chop tomatoes, wash lettuce, shred cheese, if you're doing that and drain beans.
- When the meat is almost done cooking, add beans to the pan and allow them to heat.
- Layer lettuce, meat, tomatoes and cheese in the tortilla bowls and serve those babies up!