You know those amazing sugar donuts you get at the Chinese Buffet? Yeah, I hacked their Simple Cinnamon-Sugar Biscuit Donut Recipe and now I’m sharing it. You’re welcome.
I’ve always loved the Chinese Buffet.
You can find something yummy there any time, day or night.
But, one of my favorite items on the spread has always been that amazing sugar donut that’s on the left side near the fried stuff.
I wanted some the other day, something awful, but I didn’t want to pay for the whole buffet…so, there’s that.
But, I was able to pry-apart the memories I had of working at the Chinese Buffet when I was a kid and hacked this amazing Simple Cinnamon-Sugar Biscuit Donut Recipe.
First of all, this Simple Cinnamon-Sugar Biscuit Donut Recipe is amazingly easy.
Don’t even get me started on how ridiculous I felt trying to remember exactly what brand of canned donut to start with–they’re all the same, it doesn’t matter.
Just grab the cheapest one on the shelf and then watch this vide0–you’ll figure out just how easy this recipe is pretty quick.
See? This is a simple donut recipe if I’ve ever seen one.
And, with this easy donut recipe in hand, you’ll never want for a trip to the buffet just for dessert again. LOL!
Now, there’s no special equipment necessary to make these simple donuts from a biscuit, but, if you’re wondering where I got my pretty red plate from: hello, thrift store.
Best $1 I think I’ve spent this week.
Freaking red plate is beautiful…LOL!
Ok. Now that you know my big secret, be sure to pin this Simple Biscuit Donut Recipe to your favorite easy breakfast recipes board.
And don’t forget to drop a 5-star rating on the recipe, just above the picture, so I know you want to see more awesomeness like this!
Other Yummy Easy Donut Recipe Ideas to Try
Simple Biscuit Donut Recipe
You know those amazing sugar donuts you get at the Chinese Buffet? Yeah, I hacked their Simple Cinnamon-Sugar Biscuit Donut Recipe and now I'm sharing it. You're welcome.
- 1 biscuit tin
- 4 cups oil of choice
- 1/4 cup butter (I use the dairy-free Earth's Best vegan buttery sticks), optional
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 Tablespoons cinnamon
- Place oil in a heavy pot or dutch oven and heat over medium heat.
- Meanwhile, place the butter in a shallow dish and melt in the microwave for 25 minutes.
- In a second dish, combine the sugar and cinnamon.
- Cut small circles out of the biscuits (or you can use a small cookie cutter to put a shape in the middle).
- When the oil is hot, add a biscuit to the oil. If it does not start bubbling immediately, remove the biscuit and wait another minute or two.
- Fry each biscuit for 2 minutes, 1 minute on each side.
- Remove from the hot oil to a paper-towel lined pan.
- If you dip the donuts in the cinnamon sugar mixture while they are still hot, you do not need the melted butter, but if they are too hot for you to handle, dip them in the melted butter and then the cinnamon sugar mixture in order to coat evenly.