Have you ever wanted to be ridiculous for no discernible reason? Imagine feeling like that every day. All day every day. That’s me. I want to have fun all the time. And sometimes, I don’t even need an excuse–but it’s even more fun when there’s an excuse–also known as: inspiration. That’s where Shark Week comes in. Total inspiration for ridiculous purposes all week long…and maybe for a week or two leading-in. For example, I’ve been enjoying a couple of shark-related snacks–including this Shark Attack Float. Vegan and Gluten-Free? Check. Ridiculous and Easy? Check. And, as of the writing of this post, absolutely delicious. Check.
My kids thought this Shark Attack Float was the funniest. I’m not lying, the toddler giggled and immediately knocked her shark into her drink–and tried to fish it out; while my teen, he snorted and just shook his head at me. The. Funniest.
Isn’t that the best reaction you can expect from those two age groups? I think so, my lovelies…they’re 2 and 13. You really can’t expect any differently. Initially, I was going to make two recipes, one with alcohol for mommies and one for the kiddos. But, after making the one for my kids, I was concerned that would be too confusing both for them and me. I’d end-up drinking the one without and one of them would end-up stumbling across the yard and peeing behind a bush at 3am.
So, I opted NOT to make the alcohol version. But, if you’re lucky enough to have a sitter one night, you feel free to toss-off a shot of Jack D. in the mix–then it’ll be Jack the Knife Shark Attack Float…you get the joke, yeh? LOL!
So, you can make it a Blue Raspberry Float or a Blue Raspberry Float for Adults. You decide.
Shark Attack Float
But, maybe, just make the Shark Attack Float the way it’s written here. Yeah, that’s probably safer for everyone. Then, there’s no silly (ie. stupid) jokes about clock striking midnight–ugh, I’ve just done it again. Just make it this way. Better for everyone.
I've been enjoying a couple of shark-related snacks--including this Shark Attack Float. Vegan and Gluten-Free? Check. Ridiculous and Easy? Check. And, as of the writing of this post, absolutely delicious. Check.
- 1/4 tspn raspberry flavoring
- 2 cans coconut milk
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 cans of clear soda, like Sprite
- 4 giant gummy sharks
- blue and red food coloring
- Open your coconut milk cans and scoop the thick cream part into a bowl, trying to get as little of the coconut water as possible. Discard coconut water or just set aside for chugging later, whatever.
- Add the powdered sugar and raspberry flavoring.
- Split the mixture ¾ to ¼.
- Mix a few drops of red food coloring into the 1/4 mixture.
- Spoon red mixture into a bowl you can freeze this in.
- Spoon white mixture into a separate bowl you can freeze that in.
- Then, place it in the freezer for 2-4 hours--but not too long, because you've got hungry people waiting for their snack!
- Remove both ice cream mixtures from freezer and place on the counter so it will warm just a smidge while you're doing the next step.
- Pour 1/2 can of clear soda into each glass.
- Place 2 drops of blue food coloring into each glass and stir, stir, stir until it's well combined and the drink is clearly blue (heh).
- Scoop a large dollop of white ice cream into each glass.
- Scoop a smaller dollop of red ice cream into each glass on the side.
- Strategically place gummy shark near the red, to make it look like an attack just happened.
- Serve to your giggling (or chuckling) persons.
And leave me a comment, let me know how it turns-out for you. I’d love to hear if you liked it! LOL!