These little Peppermint Brownie Bites are so good, I can’t keep enough of them on the table during the holidays. My husband loves them, my grandkids love them, and I love them. Each one is just a little bite of heaven! The best part, though is that they’re egg and dairy-free. So, that means that they’re popular even with those folks in our family with the allergies. Nobody gets left out. LOVE IT.
And, they’re really pretty, which is something I’d like to make happen with ALL food, if I could. These are so gorgeous, IF I could keep any of them around, they’d make a great holiday decoration. Alas, they don’t stay on the plate for more than just a few hours. Somehow, they just disappear. Wonder how that happens…on an unrelated note, I need to go brush my teeth, feels like some chocolate might be stuck between them…ha!
Peppermint Brownie Bites
- 1-3/4 cups Flour
- 1-1/3 cups granulated Sugar, divided
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 1 tsp Peppermint flavoring
- 1 tsp white Vinegar
- ⅓ cup Oil
- 1 cup Water
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 cup Vegan Chocolate Chips
- 2 cans Coconut Milk, refrigerate in the can overnight (divided)
- 1/2 cup powdered Sugar
- 6 Starlight Peppermint candies, crushed
- Bake the Brownie part of the Chocolate Peppermint Brownie Bites
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grease and flour 8-inch round or square cake pan.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine Flour, 1 cup granulated Sugar, Baking Soda, and Salt. Stir well.
- In another medium mixing bowl, combine Vanilla, Vinegar, Oil, and Water.
- Stir and gradually add flour and sugar mixture. Use a hand-mixer and blend until batter is smooth.
- Place chocolate chips in a small bowl and microwave in 10-second increments, stirring every 10 seconds until the chocolate is completely melted and smooth.
- Combine melted chocolate with flour, sugar and liquid mixture. Stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Pour into greased and floured pan. Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool on a wire rack. (You’ll want this completely cool, so you may want to prepare the brownie a couple of hours in advance.) In the meantime, you can go ahead and put together the icing.
- Let’s prepare the Icing for the Chocolate Peppermint Brownie Bites
- Using the Coconut Milk, scoop out the thick cream part (it will have separated and risen to the top of the can) into a bowl. I’ve discovered that if you turn the can upside down and open it from the bottom, you can pour off the liquid, leaving the cream in the can. Then, you can set the can (right side up) in a bowl and open the top end and just push the cream out of the can.
- Using a hand mixer, mix on high for a couple of minutes, then add Powdered Sugar and Peppermint flavoring (adjust amount to your taste preference).
- Continue to mix for another minute, or until the mixture is stiff and fluffy.
- Refrigerate until you are ready to ice the brownie bites.
- Assemble the Chocolate Peppermint Brownie Bites
- Using a serrated knife, cut the cooled brownie into bite-sized squares (about 1 to 1-1/2 inches).
- Crush 6 Starlight Peppermints (coarsely), set aside.
- Arrange the Brownie Bites on a serving dish.
- Place a dollop of previously prepared Icing on each brownie bite, and smooth out to the edges.
- Sprinkle each iced and brownie bite with a few pieces of peppermint.
- Display, serve and enjoy!