(Inside: You know those cheap little mini-pecan-pie cookie things you get at the store? Nope. You’re not going to want those ever again after you’ve had these amazing Mini Pecan Pies. Unearthed from grandma’s recipe box…so freaking good.)
I have a confession: I used to buy those mini-pecan-pie cookie things in the convenience store every once in a while for a little snack.
I thought they were pretty good and, though they didn’t compare at all to my mom’s traditional pecan pie, they were a nice little punch of pecan.
But, after experimenting with (and falling in love with) Mini Pumpkin Pies, I decided to try my hand at these Mini Pecan Pies my grandma’s recipe box called “pecan bars”.
AND MY MIND WAS BLOWN.
Dude. I’m not kidding.
These Mini Pecan Pies are so amazing, I may be making them for the big T-day Thanksgiving Feast.
Soft, scrumptious and so full of delicious amazingness.
I can’t believe I wasn’t digging into Grandma’s recipe box way before now. My bad.
Get your pin on so you can make these amazing Mini Pecan Pies when you’ve got your pecans ready–and a box of cake mix…all that jazz.
And then be prepared for amazing. Because it’s happening.
Mini Pecan Pies
You know those cheap little mini-pecan-pie cookie things you get at the store? Nope. You're not going to want those ever again after you've had these amazing Mini Pecan Pies. Unearthed from grandma's recipe box...so freaking good.
- 1 pkg cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 1/2 cup corn syrup, dark or light, whatever
- 1 tspn vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees.
- Grease the bottoms and sides of a mini muffin tin.
- Prepare crust by mixing butter and cake mix.
- In the mini muffin tin, press the crust mix into the cups, mashing it down as evenly as possible.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Prepare filling by mixing remaining ingredients except the pecans, beating at medium speed for 1-2 minutes with a hand mixer.
- Pour filling evenly over the crusts in the mini muffin tin.
- Sprinkle chopped pecans evenly over the top of the filling in the mini muffin tin.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until the filling is set.
- Cool completely and serve!
- For extra yummy, add a dollop of mostly-melted chocolate to the top of your mini pecan pies and a whole pecan to top that off. So fun...