Everyone’s coming to my house this year for the holidays. And I’ve been trying to think how we’re going to do breakfast for 10+ people.
While I was shopping online at Walmart.com, I saw some fabulous Kellogg’s® Eggo Thick & Fluffy Original and Kellogg’s® Eggo Thick & Fluffy Blueberry Waffles–and I was totally inspired.
Quick, easy and so much fun…this is How to Set Up a Holiday Waffle Bar so that your guests are fed–but you’re not slaving in the kitchen while the kids are dying of hunger.
What You Need to Set Up a Holiday Waffle Bar
- Eggo Original Waffles – You never know what flavor waffle your guests might want, and you want an optional “blank” canvas for all your toppings, so, the ORIGINAL, which is now with Madagascar Vanilla (which makes it extra special yummy)–it’s the foundation of the entire Holiday Waffle Bar.
- Eggo Blueberry Waffles – You want the BLUEBERRY, which is now with 2X more Blueberry bits, because it’s bursting with rich blueberry flavor. And because blueberry rocks. Yeah. I said it. Blueberry rocks.
- Peppermints (crushed)
- Chocolate Candies
- Pumpkin Pie Filling (do not get pureed pumpkin–no one wants plain pumpkin…)
- Blueberry Pie Filling
- Cherry Pie Filling
- White Chocolate Chips
- Brown Sugar
- Powdered Sugar
- Shredded Coconut
- Maple Syrup
- Chocolate Syrup
- Strawberry Syrup
- Coffee (with creamer and sugar)
- Cranberry Juice
- Cake Pop Sticks
Setting Up a Holiday Waffle Bar
- Cook your Eggo waffles per the directions on the box.
- While those are in the oven or going through the toaster, pour a cup of all your toppings into little bowls–putting everything out in cute ways, if possible.
- Slice cooked waffles in half.
- Using your cake pop sticks, thread the stick through the thickest part of the waffle about halfway down the stick.
- Serve! (Yep, it’s that easy!)
Here’s a quick photo tutorial on the waffle pops–just in case I wasn’t clear…
You really have to use the Eggo Thick & Fluffy Waffles. They’re new (and improved) with more flavor than ever–but they’re also thick enough to take the stick without breaking.
The Blueberry Eggo Waffles also worked, but anything less thick than Eggo just wouldn’t cut it.
Plus, Eggo waffles taste just like homemade–and the new, improved Thick & Fluffy Belgian Style Waffles are literally thick–for real.
And, because they cook so quickly and taste just like you made them at home (and now with no artificial flavors and colors from natural sources), Eggo Waffles are simply a great solution for so many occasions–not just a Holiday Waffle Bar (although they are perfect for that).
Such a simple, quick breakfast for your family, or a nutritious breakfast, if you’re looking for some healthier choices…or an indulgent savory meal or complex dessert, depending on your toppings.
Seriously versatile, Eggo Waffles are.
Ok. So, now that your order is being collected for you to go pick up, be sure to pin this tutorial for How to Set Up a Holiday Waffle Bar so you can come back to it when you’re ready!