This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #HoopsWithCrunch #CollectiveBias
I rolled up my sleeves this weekend and broke-out the big-guns for my latest college basketball tournament watching party…my lovelies, I whipped-up some Dairy-Free Un-Fried Caramel Ice Cream. And, let me tell you, this is the best ice cream I’ve ever made in my entire life. So genius, I just can’t even.
Now, I’ll be honest, I was happy to snack on an awesome stack of Pringles all alone. But the call of the caramel ice cream was too much. I mean, if you don’t have a couple of hours to let the ice cream set up, or if you need a little snack while you wait, the perfect treat really is some Pringles. They’re so yummy–and they’re just so many ways to enjoy them (and you don’t have to just eat ’em!).
This idea for un-fried ice cream totally came to me during my last trip to Target. So many yummy things happening there–all my groceries…reminders about the upcoming basketball torney. It was the perfect storm of un-fried-ice-cream-nish.
Speaking of storms, it was raining last weekend, but the heat had already started to creep-in here in Texas, so an ice cream recipe was well-timed. If it’s not quite warm enough up where you are (assuming you’re north of the Red River), just pin this recipe for a couple of weeks when our hot weather makes its way to you. LOL!
Dairy-Free Un-Fried Caramel Ice Cream Recipe
My lovelies that love a good running-with-scissors or driving-cross-country-with-no-map, here’s your photo tutorial:
And, for the rest of us:
Pringles Un-Fried Caramel Ice Cream
I whipped-up some Dairy-Free Un-Fried Caramel Ice Cream. And, let me tell you, this is the best ice cream I've ever made in my entire life. So genius, I just can't even.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tspn vanilla
- 1/4 tspn salt
- 1/2 cup full coconut cream
- Ice Cream
- 4 cans coconut milk
- 2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tspn vanilla extract
- Un-Fried Crust
- 1 tube Pringles
- Maraschino Cherries
- Start by making your caramel.
- Place the sugar, salt and vanilla in a pot over high heat.
- Stir, stir, stir until the sugar mixture gets lumpy and brown-ish throughout.
- Add the coconut cream and keep stirring.
- Stir for a long, long time until all the lumps dissolve and the caramel is all soft and smooooth.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Next, make your ice cream.
- Open your coconut milk cans and scoop the thick cream part into a bowl, trying to get as little of the coconut water as possible. Discard coconut water or just set aside for chugging later, whatever.
- Add the powdered sugar and vanilla.
- Mix on high 2-3 minutes with a hand mixer until it becomes stiff and fluffy.
- Add about half of your caramel--just kind of drizzle it over the top, then stir LIGHTLY.
- Place in the freezer for approximately 2 hours.
- Remove ice cream from the freezer and place, temptingly, on the counter while you make the un-fried crust.
- To make the un-fried crust, crush your entire Pringles can in the blender or food processor.
- Place in a bowl.
- Scoop out some ice cream, make sure it's formed into a nice ball, and ROLL it in the Pringles. Yeah, that's right.
- Roll it a couple of times, making that crust really thick and yummy.
- Repeat until you've got enough to serve all your hungry, drooling guests.
- Drizzle with your remaining caramel.
- Place a cherry on top.
Now that you’ve read through, made your own awesome un-fried caramel ice cream, devoured it like a crazy monkey, and taken a shower to wash off the mess, hit me up with a comment–or find me on Facebook! I’d love to know how much you adored this ice cream recipe, truly. And don’t forget to enter the Munch Mania Sweepstakes, as well as picking up your Pringles Super Stacks, which are 3 for $4 the 3rd week of February – the 1st week of April (generally found in the Signal the Seasons Savor Spot section or near the Check Lane).