So, my son was getting bored over spring break and I didn’t really know what to do with him. I mean, he’s 13…what do you even DO with a 13 year old? Well, he had an idea…”What if we made something together, mom?” We made a mini-dunking booth so that we could have some Dairy-Free OREO Coke Float Ice Cream that DROPS into our Coke…how awesome is that?! So, today, I’m sharing the recipe. Tomorrow the tutorial…heh.
I like this ice cream by itself because it’s got the yummy cookie and the great coke already infused…I don’t know. My son was all about dropping it in the Coke. Me, I was happy to have it in the Coke, without the Coke, in a bowl, on my finger, whatever. It was great. And a huge pick-me-up for the downer-boy that was experiencing mid-spring-break-down. Heh. If the boy gets bored again soon, I know what he’ll be asking me to make…
So, anyway, we popped into the kitchen and made this ice cream together in about 10 minutes. The hardest part is the waiting while it hardens. That’s why the pictures look like the ice cream is a little overly melted…we were quite anxious for our little snack. But the wait was so very very worth it. Heh.
Dairy-Free OREO Coke Float Ice Cream
We made a mini-dunking booth so that we could have some Dairy-Free OREO Coke Float Ice Cream that DROPS into our Coke...how awesome is that?! So, today, I'm sharing the recipe. Tomorrow the tutorial...heh.
- 4 cans coconut milk
- 2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tspn vanilla extract
- 1 cup lightly crushed OREO cookies
- 1 cup Coke Zero
- Open your coconut milk cans and scoop the thick cream part into a bowl, trying to get as little of the coconut water as possible. Discard coconut water or just set aside for chugging later, whatever.
- Add the powdered sugar and vanilla.
- Mix on high 2-3 minutes with a hand mixer until it becomes stiff and fluffy.
- Slowly pour the Coke Zero on top of the cream mixture.
- Drop the crushed cookies on top of the Coke Zero.
- Lightly stir together.
- Place in the freezer for approximately 1 hour (or 30 minutes, if you're looking for runny ice cream like mine).
- Remove and ENJOY! LOL!