Despite the fact that’s its summer, I’m making Bloody Cupcakes because I just really miss Halloween. Using fake edible blood, a yummy cupcake and a spoon, I think I succeeded nicely!
Ok. I know it’s not anywhere near Halloween and I have no excuse to do anything quite so silly as blood-covered cupcakes, but I just really miss Halloween.
I mean, it’s so fun and there’s just so much to love about Halloween.
Kind of like these Bloody Cupcakes.
They’re tasty, ridiculous, and just kind of amazing.
And totally worth the weird looks my husband gave me as I ate the last one. LOL!
Despite the funny glances, making these Bloody Cupcakes was so easy!
I even made a little video for you that you can check out so you know it’s a simple Halloween cupcake recipe.
What did I tell you?! These Bloody Cupcakes are so simple!
Ok. Well, they’re a little tricky–in that you don’t want to drizzle just ANYTHING over the top…lol!
What You Need to Make Bloody Cupcakes
This list is really small, honestly.
You just need your favorite kind of vanilla frosting, a trusty vanilla cupcake and some Fake Edible Blood.
The fake edible blood is really easy to make.
And the kids can even help drizzle it on the cupcakes…and the table.
That is something about these Bloody Cupcakes to know…maybe don’t drizzle it on your wood photography backdrop…it stains.
So…yeah, none of that.
Keep it neat.
Or keep it on a plate.
You’re in for making your own batch of Bloody Cupcakes?! Yay!
I won’t be the only one making these in the middle of the summer! Woohoo! LOL!
Oh, you’re all out of corn syrup though? Too bad.
But you can make them later–that’s ok.
Just pin this to your favorite Halloween Cupcakes board on Pinterest, so you can find it later quick-as-you-like.
Oh! And don’t forget to drop a 5-star rating on the recipe, below, so I know you want to see more fun recipes like this one!
Bloody Cupcakes Recipe
Despite the fact that's its summer, I'm making Bloody Cupcakes because I just really miss Halloween. Using fake edible blood, a yummy cupcake and a spoon, I think I succeeded nicely!
- 3 cup flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tspn vanilla
- 4 tblspn vegan buttery stick or vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 tspn salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place liners in a cupcake pan.
- To make the cupcakes, mix all the dry ingredients together in a medium bowl.
- Mix all the wet ingredients together in a medium bowl.
- Mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients in 1/3 cup increments. Ha ha! Just kidding, throw it all in there-that’s what I do.
- Blend until batter is smooth.
- Pour batter into the cupcake tins, about 3/4 full, and place in the oven for 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center-most cupcakes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool for 10 minutes on a wire rack.