This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser.
All opinions are mine alone.
I have a holiday problem. Not everyone in my family enjoys pumpkin and pecan pies.
And I’m stuck, every year, coming up with an alternative pie that they’ll eat.
A whole ‘nother mess to make–a whole ‘nother effort.
Until this year.
Yeah, uh, I had an amazing idea that combines my favorite cobbler and those mini-pies I’ve been obsessed with lately.
It’s this: Blackberry Hand Pies.
Buttery, simple, fast, and no-extra-mess-really Blackberry goodness in a Hand-sized Pie Bite.
See, here’s what happened. I decided to try the new Land O Lakes® Soft Squeeze™ Spread I found at Kroger–you know, doing all my pre-holiday-gigantic-feast-shopping and there was this new product that said “try me” so I did.
I’ve always loved a dare that included buttery-tasting yumminess.
It comes in this convenient, easy to squeeze bottle that looks (and is) totally mess-free–and I was like “mmmm….buttery flavor….” because the flavor of this Land O Lakes Soft Squeeze is so yummy and I just knew I needed something that a little dab of flavor would make amazing.
And then my brain whispered: “blackberries.”
That’s when I knew I was in trouble.
And that’s when the idea for the Blackberry Hand Pies kind of solidified for me. Who doesn’t love a little dab of easy to squeeze goodness on your pie?!
It’s definitely not something I’d ever want to go without. Seriously–all that flavor (because the Land O Lakes Soft Squeeze is made with REAL butter) just melting on that pie crust…mmmm…
And, because I know that this is a big deal to you, because it’s a HUGE deal to me–no crumbs in the tub with this awesome clean and crumb-free squeezable container so convenient (I mean, it’s RIGHT THERE in my fridge).
I’m in love–and I’m never going back.
And Blackberry Hand Pies will not be the only thing that I dab dab dab with this goodness, that’s for sure.
Check out how easy these were to make…mmmmm….
If you’re digging some Land O Lakes Soft Squeeze to dab on your own Blackberry Hand Pies, check out this coupon. You can save $0.75 off ONE (1) Land O’Lakes Soft Squeeze® Spread…you know…because we all need some squeezin’!
And don’t forget to pin this amazing recipe for Blackberry Hand Pies–because you’re going to need to hit Kroger then get right back and make some…And then another batch for when the guests come…
Blackberry Hand Pies
Blackberry Hand Pies
#ad I had an amazing idea. And it's this: Blackberry Hand Pies. Buttery pie crust made with Land O Lakes Soft Squeeze in a tiny hand pie that you can serve in a little stack instead of traditional holiday pies? I'm in. #nerdymammablog #EasySqueezy
- 1/4 cup Land O Lakes Soft Squeeze
- 1/2 tspn sugar
- 1/4 tspn salt
- 1/4 cup milk (cold)
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tspn cinnamon
- 1/4 tspn nutmeg
- 1/4 tspn ground ginger
- 1/4 tspn allspice
- 2 tbspn milk
- Mix filing ingredients together in a bowl until blackberries are well-coated and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375-degrees.
- Mix dry ingredients for crust together in a bowl. Then add Land O Lakes Soft Squeeze and mix thoroughly.
- Add 1/2 of the milk at a time, mixing with your hands, until dough is crumbly but not dry.
- Spread dough on a sheet of parchment paper and roll flat--you can dust your rolling pin with flour, but not too much.
- Cut out shapes.
- Add spoonful of the filling to 1/2 of the cut out crust shapes.
- Place the other 1/2 of the cut out crust shapes to the top of the filled ones, then crimp the edges and cut 2-4 holes in the top to allow the crust to expand.
- Bake on a parchment-paper lined baking sheet for 18 minutes or until the crust turns a golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool to the touch, then add a dab of Land O Lakes Soft Squeeze to the top of each hand pie before serving!