(Inside: I can’t believe how awesome and how easy these Baja Fish Tacos are with their mango and feta cheese yumminess…oh, yeah, and fun to make, which is cool too.)
So, there’s something to be said about having a date night with hubby at home.
It’s like a little slice of fun with just the husband that also tickles the fancy of my frugal side.
Also, let’s not put down the awesomeness of making Baja Fish Tacos–which are something I’ve been dying to try for a while.
I mean, seriously, can you see me trying to cajole my toddlers into eating this masterpiece of tasty mango and feta beautificness?
And I wouldn’t even want to try. I’d have picked-apart pieces of onion on the table, mango all over the chairs, and feta on the walls.
Tragedy waiting to happen.
These Baja Fish Tacos HAD to wait for date night. No ifs, ands, or buts about it.
And the whole tacoliciousness in our household…well…
Because we* are obsessed with tacos in our house. So, it only makes sense.
(We meaning I and my toddlers–My husband eats his tacos with a fork most nights. Not a native Texan, I assure you.)
But, for this one, for this Baja Fish Taco recipe, he gave it his all and ate one without a fork.
The second he broke in half and got a fork. But you can’t blame him, honestly.
Dude. He’s going to hate me for sharing his dirty little secret with the world…my bad.
Heh. Not sorry though. I’ve been holding that secret in so long, I was about to burst with it. A woman can only be trusted for a decade or so before she lets cats out of bags…LOL!
So, before we go any further, friend, make sure you Pin this. Because you know, after you’ve made this (because you’re making it now, right?!) you’re going to want to make it again. So…
Old El Paso Original Taco Seasoning Mix, 1 ozTacoProper Taco Holder FiestaPak, Set of 12, Made in ChinaWomens Fitness Taco Funny Gym T Shirt Humorous Mexican Food Tee For Ladies (Dark Grey) – LKidsFunwares TriceraTACO Taco Holder – The Ultimate Prehistoric Taco Stand for Jurassic Taco Tuesdays and Dinosaur Parties – Holds 2 Tacos – The Perfect Gift for Kids and Kidults that Love DinosaursTaco Takeover Board Game
Baja Fish Tacos
I can't believe how awesome and how easy this Baja Fish Taco recipe is...oh, yeah, and fun.
- 4 catfish filets
- 1 large mango
- 3 tblspn, ish feta (I used a goat's milk feta so I wasn't exposed to the casein)
- 1/3 bunch cilantro
- 1 small purple onion
- 2 tblspn lime juice
- 2 tblspn olive oil
- 1/3 tspn garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6-12 corn tortillas, I usually double my corn tortillas so they don't break while eating
- Marinate the catfish filets for an hour in a mixture of the garlic powder, salt and pepper, and lime juice.
- In a medium pan over high heat, place the olive oil and place the fish into the hot oil.
- Brown fish on both sides (about 4 minutes each side, depending on thickness--just make sure they're cooked all the way through).
- Chop onion and cilantro and mango in to bite-sized bits, then combine into a "salsa" of sorts.
- Once fish is cooked, break it into small bite-size bits, too.
- Layer about 1/6 of the fish, 1/6 of the "salsa" into each tortilla.
- Sprinkle feta over it all.