I’m not a super-crafty, do-it-all kind of mom. Honestly, I’m doing good to get a shower and get the kids out of the pj’s and into real clothes every day (it’s quite the accomplishment sometimes). But, for birthdays, I really do try to do something special. This year, for her second birthday, I pulled together these Picture Perfect Tea Party Ideas for my Girly-Fun Birthday for the daughter! However, let’s be clear here, they’re all frugal, fun, and downright practical. And maybe a little nerdy, too. LOL!
25 Perfect Tea Party Ideas for a Girly-Fun Birthday
- I started with this super sweet invitation with the Cinderella carriage. Or, I wish I had. Let’s be honest, I totally texted those moms we hang with at the local “toddler time” at the library. Invitations are awesome. If you have time for that.
- If you do have time, you should totally wrap the invites in doilies instead of envelopes.
- We’re going to do some awesome favors that aren’t traditional. We’re doing balloons (that are, conveniently, part of the decor) and photos (which the parents are taking…I’m just setting up the places to take them–which I’ll share with you in a future post, but not today since the party is not here yet and thus I have not set them up–crap).
- Decorations totally MAKE a “picture perfect” party. So, I’m starting with these pretty tissue-paper wall flowers.
- To go with the flowers, I think I’m going to make a big book-page wreath. It’ll be awesome.
- This totally adorable book-page table runner is going on my table. I’m going to try to save it and use it again.
- That runner would be perfect with these incredibly easy “Dyed” Mason Jars (that aren’t really dyed at all).
- I definitely have to put together a cotton candy cart. MUST!
- And let’s talk cake decorating. I was GOING to do a beautiful vintage ombre cake (vegan–you know me), but that was a total fail. It would have had this beautiful ribbon icing along the edges.
- Instead, I think I’ll just repeat this teal rose-covered tea party cake–just bigger.
- Or even itty-bitty mini-cupcakes! Eep!
- I totally want to stack a bunch of those on this Easy DIY Cupcake Stand.
- As a cool fun-tivity and/or favor-tivity, we could do these DIY tea party hats.
- What we might do though is make these gorgeous little purses…every toddler could decorate one and take it home as a goody bag.
- Games should be fun for the kiddos and easy for me. So we’re going to do this fun tea cup race.
- Sandwiches? Tea Sandwiches? YUS! Several kinds, including:
- Feature of the party (besides the cake) should totally be TEA. I’m thinking this Orange Vanilla Tea would be smashing.
- Or this Strawberry Lemonade Tea might be fun, too.
- To stir their tea, I’ll totally make these PB Truffle Spoons.
- Mini-Apple Rose Pies would be a cute addition.
- Maybe we should have Strawberry Scones, though (strawberries are my fave).
- Although, to be honest, I might just make these Marshmallow Ballerinas and go on.