There’s a new trend in my life that I really have begun to hate with a passion. The 2.5 hour pick-up and drop-off of my son at high school. Yeah, you read that right, 2.5 hours. One hour in the morning and 1.5 in the afternoon. Not that it’s his fault or anything–it’s not like he really WANTS to go to high school–but geeze, could this be any more difficult?! The only thing that’s making this at all tolerable in the 100-degree weather is that I know I’ve got a bowl of Vegan and Gluten-Free Bubble Gum Ice Cream waiting for me back home in the freezer…mmmm…
I just look at all these cars lined up, with nowhere to go and nothing to do that are just waiting here, like me, in the que, anticipating the moment when the bell will ring and our kids will come pouring from the mouth of the giant brick facade behind us. Oh, how jealous they’d be if they knew I was about to dig into some Bubble Gum Ice Cream. Heh.
I know for a fact that my kids are going to be jealous…there’s only enough Vegan and Gluten-Free Bubble Gum Ice Cream for one bowl. Notice my sarcastic crying-face there for a second…LOL!
In all seriousness, though…that ice cream is mine. Keep your grubby paws off it. Go make your own. It’s totally worth it. Devolving into caveman speak now. Must. Go. Eat. Ice. Cream. Heh.
What you Need to Make Your Own Bubble Gum Ice Cream
Alright, enough of that. LOL! On to the yum. Or, unless you’re about to whip-out the ingredients and get to town makin’, you probably need to pin this recipe for Vegan and Gluten-Free Bubble Gum Ice Cream, because, you know, you’ll lose it and then kick yourself later. Or, share it with your friends on Facebook so they can keep up with it for you. Whatever. LOL!
Vegan and Gluten-Free Bubble Gum Ice Cream
- 4 cans coconut milk, refrigerated overnight
- 2 cup powdered sugar
- ½ tspn vanilla extract
- 1 package chicklets (you know those tiny square bubblegum squares)
- 3-4 drops pink neon food coloring
- ¼ tspn bubblegum flavoring
- Open your coconut milk cans and scoop the thick cream part into a bowl, trying to get as little of the coconut water as possible. Discard coconut water or just set aside for chugging later, whatever.
- Add the powdered sugar and vanilla.
- Mix on high 2-3 minutes with a hand mixer until it becomes stiff and fluffy.
- Add food coloring, bubblegum flavoring and chicklets and stir by hand.
- Place in a freezer-safe container and pop it in the freezer for 2 hours.
- Scoop and enjoy.